Hey Guys, I'm New...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

calarina

Hey guys, whats up. I'm new to the forum, recommended by a friend of mine. Right now, I drive a 1987 Acura Integra LS. Don't let it's age fool you, that car is in excellent running condition, and I don't baby it. ;) I mainly joined cuz my friend said I should check it out.

I'm hopefully buyin' a 1994 Prelude SR-V with 155,000km, new tranny (3 months old), 5Zigen exhaust, and a huge intake (didn't catch name). What would you think if you saw a chik drivin' a sweet car, with bass kickin' from the insides? ;)

Sweet! Welcome!

You fit the the stereotype I have of Integra drivers. (All chick.) lol ;) (Not a bad thing)

Originally posted by Frank_Li@Mar 12 2003, 11:06 PM
Wish my girl was into cars. ;)

:werd: My ex-gf was. I guess we are kinda together, but not.. fuck it.. chick mind games suck..

Anyways, welcome to hondaswap. Who here referred you? (or did i read your post wrong?)

His name is IROC4LIFE on MSN. I don't know if any of you guys know him. Maybe he just found it for me on a search engine.

Integra drivers kick @$$! Haha, but this is my first car. I actually drove one of my friends 1st gen. 'tegs today, and he drove mine. His is a 1989 RS, and has SO many problems! The clutch engages about an inch from the top, and you have to revv the engine up to 3000 RPM to keep it from stalling, and to start at a decent pace! Then he drove my car...he didn't want to drive his after that.

I have 202,500 MILES on my car. It's from California, so that comes with sun damage. That's around 328,000 km, and he has around 200,000 km. I think something is wrong here...shouldn't I have a few more problems? Or is me baggin' on it all the time keeping it healthy? Haha. ;)

sun damage is not entirely due to "the sun in california"
it is chiefly due to neglet from the owner in terms of washing and waxing it and overall gen. maintenance of the paint job.

or it could come from a shitty paint job.

or oxidation. or cali's famous "pollution"

Yeah, I work at a Honda dealership, and the guys at work tried to see if they could save my roof. That's where the worst paint damage is anyway. No such luck though, but they power-polished my hood and front fenders for me. :) Haha, that's what you get for workin' in the body shop. :D

Originally posted by calarina@Mar 12 2003, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I work at a Honda dealership, and the guys at work tried to see if they could save my roof. That's where the worst paint damage is anyway. No such luck though, but they power-polished my hood and front fenders for me. :) Haha, that's what you get for workin' in the body shop. :D

an "ex" of mine got her brand new civic from a honda dealer, and within 3 months she had prob. with the paint....
had to threaten to sue in order to get them to pay for the repaint...

u in so cali?

Originally posted by karnash@Mar 12 2003, 11:14 PM

pollution is a lie.

Karnash, don't tell a new hs member about such obvious falacies.

Originally posted by karnash+Mar 12 2003, 11:22 PM-->
@Mar 12 2003, 11:16 PM

an "ex" of mine got her brand new civic from a honda dealer, and within 3 months she had prob. with the paint....

u in so cali?

Those new Civics are having nothing but problems. A lot of them are brought into service for problems with the struts leakin'. Honda's 'inexpensive' line of vehicles is becoming just that...CHEAP. I wouldn't buy a Civic for a while, until they fix this problem.

I don't live in Cali, I'm a Canuck! But right now, I wish I did live in Cali. It snows about once a week here, and my heater in my car is so weak...I freeze everyday on my way to work, after I let the car warm up for about 15 minutes. I'll be so damn happy when I buy that prelude...other than the fact that it has 190 hp stock. :D

Thx guys. I wonder if this is going to be like all the other threads of new chiks comin' to my other forums. They end up to be 4 pages long in a day! Anyway, I hope I can get a Prelude SR-V soon (very hard to find, and it looks like I'm not gettin' this one :(), so I can make you guys wonder why a chik just beat ya. ;)

Originally posted by calarina+Mar 12 2003, 11:25 PM-->
Originally posted by karnash@Mar 12 2003, 11:22 PM
calarina
@Mar 12 2003, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I work at a Honda dealership, and the guys at work tried to see if they could save my roof.  That's where the worst paint damage is anyway.  No such luck though, but they power-polished my hood and front fenders for me.  :)  Haha, that's what you get for workin' in the body shop.  :D

u in so cali?

Those new Civics are having nothing but problems. A lot of them are brought into service for problems with the struts leakin'. Honda's 'inexpensive' line of vehicles is becoming just that...CHEAP. I wouldn't buy a Civic for a while, until they fix this problem.

I don't live in Cali, I'm a Canuck! But right now, I wish I did live in Cali. It snows about once a week here, and my heater in my car is so weak...I freeze everyday on my way to work, after I let the car warm up for about 15 minutes. I'll be so damn happy when I buy that prelude...other than the fact that it has 190 hp stock. :D

make sure the clutch on the 'lude is ok. waaaaay back in 93 i had to have the clutch replaced on my '92 si and it cost me (actualy my parents cuz i was living with them at the time) almost 900, cuz the mecanic claimed he had to take half of the engine or whatever out in order to work on the car.

not sure in the truth of that....

Originally posted by gupta_p+Mar 12 2003, 11:24 PM-->
@Mar 12 2003, 11:14 PM

pollution is a lie.

Karnash, don't tell a new hs member about such obvious falacies.

aren't we the witty one tonite?

and if i read your post correctly, along with the supposed sarcasm poorly implied, i
think you meant to say
"urban myth" or some variation thereof.

and if you did intend the usage of the word "fallacy" (that's with two (2) "L's" btw)
then please try to have your "sarcasm" make more sense in the future, So that
we all can revel in your witty intellectual quips.

this is a prime example of how a "little knowledge" is a dangerous thing....

the english language is NOT your forte, my friend.

(dont y'all just love that edit button? hehe)

Everything on the vehicle seemed to be in excellent condition. Performance, and cosmetically. With a new tranny though, if he had problems after just getting it installed after 3 months, I'm sure he would've brought it back, and told them to fix it.

It looks like I'm not getting the 'lude at this time. I don't have anyone to co-sign for me, and he won't wait until the beginning of next month to see if I'm approved for the loan (after my 3-month probation preriod is up at Honda). Oh well, I guess there will always be other Prelude SR-V's out there, but unfortunately, they are uncommon. In the U.S.A., aren't the SR-V's equivelent to the Si VTEC? I think that's what I saw anyway. But yeah, very nice cars...then when my Oma and Opa can't drive anymore, I get their bimmer as my winter "beater"! :D

we COULD make this 4 pages long Calarina :lol: it HAS been known to happen here too.

btw: got any pics?? u...your car...u with yer car...etc etc. hehe

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Mar 12 2003, 11:40 PM
we COULD make this 4 pages long Calarina :lol: it HAS been known to happen here too.

btw: got any pics?? u...your car...u with yer car...etc etc. hehe

Basically Brian is saying.. do you have any pics of you.. fuck your car.. of YOU! :p

Haha, well, if it's alright with the mods, I'll just post up my website, and you can check it out.

My page!

YES, there's a picture of me on my home page. Then a little ways under that, there's a link to the page with pictures of my little integra on there. :)

My Integra

*edit* Well, my site didn't seem to be working, so might as well just post a pic of me:

im000244other2copy.jpg

Back