Hey Guys, I'm New...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by machine@Mar 13 2003, 05:07 PM
as i sit here waiting for a reply, i think,"does anyone else wonder who the anonymous user is?"

I am the anonymous user y0!

Originally posted by Sweet InStinct@Mar 13 2003, 06:28 PM
Blah blah blah

WORK IT.............

SO new girl
Where you from
how old are ya?

Jussssssssss wondering.. hehe

try reading the post before commenting on it

Hey sweet instict is hott, so I think she can do what she wants really. Welcome new girl to Hondaswap. I am the dumb ass that says stupid questions none regarding anything to honda's and if I do I don't know what I am talking about all the time....Just ask 92b16vx, every post I make he corrects it.

Originally posted by machine@Mar 13 2003, 03:05 PM

how is pollution a lie? have you ever been to Los Angeles, Houston or Mexico City? :huh:

In mexico city, to live there for 1 day its as if you smoked 4 boxes of cigarrettes. Now that is some shitty ass air.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Mar 13 2003, 06:51 PM
Hey sweet instict is hott, so I think she can do what she wants really. Welcome new girl .............

Thank you hunny.

"MACHINE" I consider u read the posts b4 asking me to go back and read it.
:angry:

Originally posted by calarina@Mar 13 2003, 04:52 PM
Hahaha, I don't think that if guys hear of two girls goin' at it, or seein' two girls goin' at it...they're just gonna sit on the sidelines! Anyway...:lol:

that's what has to be done, I'll play waterboy for a while :lol:

and no, i won't ban you unless you act like Karnash

I'm only 18, and I live in Canada (I did say where I lived...). Haha, I'm still pretty young :p

It snows about once a week here, and my heater in my car is so weak...I freeze everyday on my way to work, after I let the car warm up for about 15 minutes.

Alright, off the leg humping subject for one second...

I would replace your thermostat and coolant. Very very easy, ANYONE can do it by themselves in about an hour (to bleed the air out of the system takes a while, otherwise it would be like a 20 minute job.) just do it your self, dont go to honda or any other shop. Go to the honda dealer, buy a new thermostat with gasket and a new radaitor cap then go to a car parts store and buy a gallon or 2 of premixed antifreeze (at least with civic radiators, it is hard to mix your own because they dont hold alot of coolant). Also, check the condition of your coolant hoses. (just check for cracks and also squeeze them and if there are any mussy feeling spots, they should be replaced.)

A little insturtions...

Take off lower hose from radiator... let coolant drain.
take off cap, spray water in it to get all the crap out.
next take thremostat out (where the lower radiator hose connects to on the engine)and the upper radiator hose then spray water in that.
Once it come out clear, re attach the upper radiator hose and blow into it to get all the water out (so you keep a proper 50 50 antifreeze/water ratio)
Put everything back together, add coolant to the radiator till full, then the overflow tank (to the max fill line)
Turn car on with the raditor cap off. Let run and when the coolant is no more, add more. Keep doing this (and add to overflow tank). Finally all the air should leave.

This should help with your heating problems, Hondas normally have great heaters.

Do this and you will be this much closer to the point of doing mods to your car yourself.

alright, nuff with the car stuff, back to leg humping time.

Picky Picky!

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 13 2003, 08:28 PM
I would replace your thermostat and coolant. Very very easy, ANYONE can do it by themselves in about an hour (to bleed the air out of the system takes a while, otherwise it would be like a 20 minute job.) just do it your self, dont go to honda or any other shop. Go to the honda dealer, buy a new thermostat with gasket and a new radaitor cap then go to a car parts store and buy a gallon or 2 of premixed antifreeze (at least with civic radiators, it is hard to mix your own because they dont hold alot of coolant). Also, check the condition of your coolant hoses. (just check for cracks and also squeeze them and if there are any mussy feeling spots, they should be replaced.)

Ok, well, 2 rad hoses just blew between christmas and New Years (One blew, then on New Years 2 days later, another one blew on my friends driveway), so we've had a coolant flush, and new coolant because It was all gone :p My thermostat is going, I know that, because the temperature guage goes a little above half before it start cooling it down.

But here's another thing: Unlike newer cars, I have a cast-iron block which takes longer to heat up, than the newer aluminum blocks.

Haha, I don't know how to fix cars, so I'll just take it to one of my techs and have them fix it still at the discounted rate, and parts @ cost. :D

Back