Hey, I want some advice! (tell me what to do with my car lol)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
So for about the past month, I have seriously been thinking about selling my car and finding a lower mileage E36 M3. I've been offered $4500 for my car and I'll have about 3k-3.5k cash. What do you guys think?

Idk about you but I go through cars like they're going out of fashion. Just don't get into the M then get bored, like I know I would.

I've had my car for 4 years now. The M would be another 4+ year car at least. I'm thinking 4.5k for my car would be pretty damn good considering its a 92' with 200k on the chassis, tired coilovers, tired bushings. But it has that sentimental factor so I really don't know. I want both cars actually lol.

I don't think I'd want an M3 as my only car. If you can afford the M3 keep the civic.

If 4500 is going to break the deal then you don't have enough money to get an M3 in the first place.

if somebody offered me 4500 for an old ass civic, i would have already sold it.

honda buyers are the worst, you cant give them more than 10min without a title or a no, they will have already lost interest.

If you can get $4,500 for a '92 Civic you need to sell it even if you don't have a car you're interested in, and would have to ride a bike for a month. The resale market for 5th gens is inflated, but that is a grip for that car. Hell I can get a '99 EK for $600.

im sure he'll be more than happy to sell you the front end for about 4500, probably would throw in the rest of the car for free too. lol.

sell it and get the m3. you just better know how to work on it. how is everything else financially? school still going well? think about all the big picture stuff.

I would say sell the Civic and get the M3 if you can afford it. If you get 4500 for the car unload it.

I looked at M3's, and for a 21 year old, with no wrecks or tickets on his record it was almost $300 a month for full coverage insurance which is required on a vehicle bought with a loan. So $300, plus the car payment, and any maintenance that it may need, I just hope you have the income. I have a very decent income that comes in every month, and even I wouldn't think about it. WAY too much money to shell out on a vehicle.

Back