1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey just swaped b16a3 into my 93cx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by TWISTEDIMAGE, Mar 14, 2005.

1. TWISTEDIMAGE

TWISTEDIMAGE Senior Member

power adder becides boost or funny gas this has to be daily drivin and i have a budget (2 kids) so whats next to help power

:D

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

The usual, I/H/E, maybe cams, and gears.

3. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

money is tight for me also.I went with the AEM CAI even tho its a few more than some because its supposed to make more power.I wanted to be fairly quiet while not on it [the cai is loud as hell] and stay away from the fartcan noise so I went with the Apex-i world sport exhaust and am very happy.A DC JDM 4-1 header was only 230ish and for the money thats a great header.The best upgrade I made was shocks and springs,I went with Eibach Sportlines and KYB AGX[wanted tokiko's but the budget stepped in] riding on 13's w/sumitomo htr 200's [I have been very happy with these tires for the money] and even the power I have seemed more effective as well as being a blast to drive which is what I want out of this car anyways.
    My next thing is cams and gears because I'm just past 30,000 and need a valve adj so its a perfect time to do them, still not sure on the cams but money will be the deciding factor so probably something I dont have to do the valvetrain,maybe CTR's.
    I also pulled the power steering and never installed the AC,the PS mod was worth it and I plan on doing some lightining this summer also.
    I have all the links for where I found the best deals as I am a very carful shopper and cheap so pm me if you want to know.

I will boost mine someday but will wait till 60,000 or so and go with a b18 or 20 block.

I do run studded winterfire's in the snow and the height has been a minor issue here in Iowa as some days the drifts are just too tall for my front end but in the summer most driveways and entrance's to parking lots dont give me much hassle so I'll stay with the sportlines but at first I was thinking about trading down to the pro-kit because it felt way low.I'm 6'2 230# and 32 years old so its kinda comical when people see me get out of this car but I'm having fun!!

4. TWISTEDIMAGE

TWISTEDIMAGE Senior Member

lol thanks i was wondering what a good set of cams were like a stage 2 and how much power do they make

5. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

depends on what company you choose, look at the cam gear guide in the refrences pissedoffsol posted, it tells you the lift and duration of all the cams! its good info if you know how to read it

and just as a side not incase you didnt know, with anything above a stage 1 cam, then you will need to build up your valvetrain, or you will be bending, and floatin valves! :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted