Hey let's drive across the Congo!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's pretty badass; but IMO it was pretty stupid as they could have been rob/killed quite a few times. Only way I'd do that is with a better car, guide, and a convoy.

From what I read, unless you he had one of those 100k vehicles that has a huge motor and sucks diesel and is gigantic, he had about as good equipped vehicle for his trip. And I believe they took the most precautions possible. He didn't cross warzones, this was post war congo. From what I gathered, he added it onto his trip, and until congo, it had gone without a hitch, besides losing his transmission in south africa. I believe the rob/killed part is what put it at a great read, and once they got in, they were sort of pot committed, and didn't have any options besides walking out, like they did.

def could have done without the almost 300,000km the clock read before he started his trip and drove another 100k-km

I'm on page 10 now; pretty good read, but I don't think I would do it. There are many more hospitable places I would rather drive across.

Back