hey some exaust help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

idk i always get it done for free, and was just trying to get him to do it to see about any other problems he might have...he is moding a car that needs work...

its not leaking between the cat. I had the EXACT same header on the prelude. The leak is on the connection between the header and the downpipe. Its a piece of shit. As a temp fix i put high temp silicon on the outside of the seam where the two pieces joined and it seemed to work really well, just dont skimp on the silicon or the exhaust gas will pop a hole in it and you will be back where you started.

its for the o 2 sensor

but anyway

ok so go buy some silicon sealent stuff and rub it around the place where the downpipe and the header connect and it should be ok u say?

its for the o 2 sensor
no dude i was refering to the one on the down pipe not the header...about 3 inches above the flange where it goes 2-1 piping... when you put the silicone stuff on make sure u read for dry time and all that...

wait...im seeing it on other exhausts now...wtf, is it just another place to put the o2 sensor? whats the benifit in that? dont mean to thread jack just curiuos...

its not leaking between the cat. I had the EXACT same header on the prelude. The leak is on the connection between the header and the downpipe. Its a piece of shit. As a temp fix i put high temp silicon on the outside of the seam where the two pieces joined and it seemed to work really well, just dont skimp on the silicon or the exhaust gas will pop a hole in it and you will be back where you started.

Weld it. Done.

wait...im seeing it on other exhausts now...wtf, is it just another place to put the o2 sensor? whats the benifit in that? dont mean to thread jack just curiuos...

Depending on the OBD setup the O2 sensor can be found in various locations. Sometimes it's up on the upper section of the manifold, and sometimes it's down on the down-pipe near the cat. The two bungs on that header are like a "one size fits all" type of setup...

Depending on the OBD setup the O2 sensor can be found in various locations. Sometimes it's up on the upper section of the manifold, and sometimes it's down on the down-pipe near the cat. The two bungs on that header are like a "one size fits all" type of setup...

good shit thanx man

I've told people what the problem is with the two-piece 4-2-1 eBay headers. Search for my name and header.

Let me warn against using silicone to seal your leak in the header. My buddy tried that as well as exhaust sealant due to a rediculously loud ticking from the motor. Lasted about 3 days then blew the first time he got down on it. If you wanna do it right and not have to worry about it again, just get it welded.

The biggest problem I've seen with ebay headers is the flanges aren't nearly thick enough, and thus warp horribly.

Let me warn against using silicone to seal your leak in the header. My buddy tried that as well as exhaust sealant due to a rediculously loud ticking from the motor. Lasted about 3 days then blew the first time he got down on it. If you wanna do it right and not have to worry about it again, just get it welded.

The biggest problem I've seen with ebay headers is the flanges aren't nearly thick enough, and thus warp horribly.
Sounds like an unrelated problem to me.

Had an XS power header on my hatch when it was all motor and I never had any problems.

Good luck 91accordwithwork.

ok yah i think im going to go to the liocal muffler shop and simply ask i they can weld it, but if i ever want it out then wont it be a pain ???

i cant think of why u'd want to pull it out unless ur actually going to do a turbo or get a better header, then youd just cut it out anyway...have you done your brakes yet? dont mean to bust ur balls just curiuos...

Back