hey some exaust help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thats it I'm selling my Egay header (to who? I don't know:p). Thanks guys these threads really help out, I have a 2.25" Magnaflow cat-back system (I think it's Magnaflow), what header should I throw on it? Who's reputable and whats good quality because I'm in the midst of throwing in a d16a6/d16y8 (VTEC) mini-me swap in my 90' Civic H/B and want the system for power and don't care about sound really (just gets you pulled over anyway, I know from experience:p.) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!.

ok yah i think im going to go to the liocal muffler shop and simply ask i they can weld it, but if i ever want it out then wont it be a pain ???

I think he was saying to just weld the upper and lower portion of the header together, not weld it to the motor...

Sounds like an unrelated problem to me.

I don't quite see how it's unrelated, seeing as how I'm talking about the EXACT same flange that 91accordwithwork is dealing with sealing up. That, and my input to the weakness of that sealant could come in useful for other people considering doing the same thing.

Why be an asshole? sorry to threadjack 91, but seriously, why be an asshole for no reason on the internet? It sure as hell doesn't make you cooler. If anything my guess is that people will like you less.

I don't quite see how it's unrelated, seeing as how I'm talking about the EXACT same flange that 91accordwithwork is dealing with sealing up. That, and my input to the weakness of that sealant could come in useful for other people considering doing the same thing.

Why be an asshole? sorry to threadjack 91, but seriously, why be an asshole for no reason on the internet? It sure as hell doesn't make you cooler. If anything my guess is that people will like you less.
Wow, wasnt trying to be an asshole, and i'm sorry if i came of that way, but it just sounded like it could have been another problem. maybe it had high miles, maybe it got the shit beat out of it in its previous life, i don't know these things. just looking through the glass man. don't see much of a connection between the exhaust and a motor tick. also the only damage i could see it doing is melting off and stinking. really man, i'm sorry if i was being an ass, but i just don't see much of a connection, and i don't know anything about your buddy. for all i know he could have shifted at 7200 RPM every gear for 3 years straight.

Last edited:
wow he actualy thought weld it to the motor...i didnt catch that one lol

wait did i miss something? he only thought it wasnt related, not siding with him or anything but did i miss the part were he was asshole-ish?

we all make bad jugdement calls sometimes, its human.....

Last edited:
k, sorry. I guess the internet makes it difficult to catch people's tones....

The only reason I mention the "tick" is because that's how we knew the flanges weren't matching up properly. He sealed up the gap in the flanges with some exhaust sealant, and it eliminated the valve ticking we were hearing, but the ticking made it obvious that the sealant blew out.

You're probably right though, he does drive the piss out of his motor, and I've recommended to him a number of times to weld the flanges together. Guess that's what happens when you're the driver of a car, but not the mechanic. You have no respect for it.....

just what happens when HE'S the driver of the car, and people like him.... but he is learning somewhat...hopefuly...

oh wait you meant as not being the driver AND the machanic, got ya

wheres my ridallin? lol

Last edited:
lol

i did not think u weld it to the motor, i new what he was talking about im going to go check on how the sealents doing, wish me luck!

good im glad you didnt think that 91 lol let us know how it goes, no worries 92...at least urs was on the same topic lol youd be surprised the kinda thread jacking that goes on...

Hey guys, lets just be friends, jk jk. Sorry about that other post too, my finger slipped on the enter key when I went to put "hey (enter) guys". So what your saying is to weld the flanges together, ALSO is it recommended to use a 4-1 header over a 4-2-1,. The 4-1 has no flange besides downpipe and cat (for anybody that didn't know). These however were created for high hp racing motors and I sure dont have that...YET! :p. Would you suggest one and which company is reputable??. Thanks in advance guys.

wow....im not even goin to quote the irony here....

theres a trhread thats goin on about that convo right now....SEARCH it out......

Back