hey some wiring help plz

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

96lxb18c1

Hey sorry to be bothering you but like the post I need mad help!
Im doing a 98 b18c1 swap into a 96 civic lx d16y7 non vtec. Well we started working on it today started by taking the head off because when we took out the plugs #1 and 4 some water got in to there and the plug had corroded the rust fell into the combustion chamber well you know the rest, didn’t want the wall to get scratched and blow by to occur.
We also started the wiring, now this is where I need your help!!!! (plz)
The gsr engine harness is on the engine we got the second piece as well that connects to the ECU what my friend started doing is re wiring the whole thing. What I mean by that is he used his stock d16y7 engine harness and wired the corresponding wires from the gsr second piece and left the stock ones unpluged, so that we could use the plugs and plug it into the engine harness everything went well except for the butterfly A26 pinout was not hooked up to anything because he clipped the 2nd piece harness from the gsr underneath the console in the original car so we were left with a clipped wire that doesn’t attach to anything ( the wire is pink and blue) what does it attach to and where cause i dont seem to see the pink and blue wire on the engine harness also there was another yellow and green wire that went underneath the dashboard it is not the A20 (ICM) wire that one is in place connected to the plug that plugs into the engine harness. also there is a thick grey/lght blu wire that is left over dont know what to do with it it is combined of a bwn/blk and connected to d14 by a blu/red wire
If you know what im talking about plz correct me if there is anything wrong and how should I fix it? Is it better for me just to use the stock non vtec harness and wire the missing wires and try selling the gsr engine harness? or should i just leave it the way that it is using the Gsr harness and adding the the pins from the second peice harness so that they hook up to the engine harness???
One other thing if there is an easier (more detailed (dummy proof)) way to wire this thing up so that it runs, tell me I would really appreciate it. I will try to send you a pic of what I have done so far in a little bit gotta borrow a digital cam from girl. The swap is taking place on sat i would like to have the wiring done correctly before i put the engine in.
If you could explain it as if i was retarded when it comes down to wiring thx oh Iam

Thanks a lot!!!

peetee_m@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back