Hey there!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
Integra Swap Question

Hey everybody, I'm a noob here, hoping somebody could answer a question for me. My buddy is trying to sell me a 90 Integra GS coupe for $800 dollars. It's in decent shape but it's got a lot of miles (about 210k) so if I bought it I would be looking towards getting a new motor.

I was thinking a B18B1 would be the obvious choice-cheap, decent for building, and a fairly easy swap. My question is, would it be necessary to do an OBD conversion and ECU swap to run the newer motor in the DA chassis? From what I've read it seems like I could just reuse the car's old ECU and harness and run it as OBD-0 if I swap over the original motor's distributor and intake/exhaust manifolds.

Can anybody confirm this or straighten me out if I'm wrong??

Last edited:
Just keep the stock intake manifold, fuel rail, injectors, ecu distributor and wiring harness.

Also, you can keep the stock header aswell.

I put a 98 B20B in my 90 LS kept it OBD0 using the parts above along with my stock 90 PR4 ECU.

Its a rather straight forward swap putting a obd1 or 2 b18b1 into the g2 integra

Good luck.

Back