1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HF all motor monster article

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by rsorich, Jul 24, 2003.

1. rsorich

rsorich Junior Member

I have a quick question about the HF all motor monster article. I know Chet from advertising wrote it. Does it bring up my fuel cut off and red line to that of an Si's? <_< /FONT]

2. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

yes, bcause that stuff is governed by the ECU, which you would replace with the si ECU.

3. biglee414

biglee414 Senior Member

well, if you have your heart set on this you will probably take your head off and check your pistons for valve reliefs. I have heard that honda got lazy and put the si or dx pistons with 16 valve reliefs in the hf block. However someone on here took his head off and told me his only had 8, seeing as that i am too lazy to check, i will just take his word for it. But hte best hting to do is to check yourself.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

All over the 'net I see people saying it has 16 valves, but people I know in person who have actually taken the head off a D15B6 say that it has 8 valves. Maybe I'll take apart my B6 and look.

5. lilboostedcrx

lilboostedcrx Junior Member

i have the hf head sitting in my back yard for awhile now so i can just walk out there and take a look wen i do decide to get off my lazy ass and do that ill post back

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

It's not the head everyone's worried about- it's the pistons. If you have a spare D15B6 bottom end lying around, go look at it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted