Hf Engine W/cheap Turbo Makes 172whp!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honda Tuning - april issue

they take a junked factory turbo from an old eclipse and make it fit on an '88 crx hf with the stock 1.5 liter engine...and end up with 172whp and 167ftlbs of torque on stock internals! dyno chart is shown. they used 6 psi, and said it only cost them $100!

yea i was reading that article the other day when i went to walmart. and it does have the dyno to prove it! yea, it might have only cost them $100 but i'm sure there was a ton of custom work that cannot be done by the everyday "joe".

not really hf manifolds are two piece which accepts a downpipe/internal wastegate turbo :)

it could be done for cheap if they had boats loads of old shit laying around

if your building a cheap DIY kit like that, your going to be looking at junkyard surfing

Buy the magazine, honda tuning, 4 bucks. Shows the whole thing with pictures and parts sources.

I'm with B. I mean damn a 100 dollar turbo kit, that cant be safe mang! Anyway if anyone does this they should post progress reports and we can all make bets on how long the car lasts.

Back