hf motor in a si crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dragntoys

Ive got an si with a blown motor so i put this hf motor i had laying around in my si
at first i couldnt get it running so i took the harness off of an old dx motor i had laying around put it on the hf it runs but after a couple of mins its like the choke kicks off or some thing i get a check engine light and the idle goes crazy any help on what to do??

also my si dont have a/c but the old hf i have did can i take the a/c out of the hf and transplant into the si theres a bunch of vac lines comeing out of a box on the pass side on hf for a/c but the box wont plug up to the si theres no wires for it on the si

just full of ???sss trying to get a ride running to get me back and forth to work with what i have laying around thanks chris

What went wrong with the si motor? If it was just the block that went bad on the si you should try putting the head onto the hf block and keep your si harness and ecu. Just a suggestion. Something else that could help everyone here give you some better help is if we knew what codes your ecu is throwing to cause your check engin light.

There is a little thing on the ecu that will flash a certain amount of times. A helms manual should show you the number of flashes and the cause for it.

Back