hf pistons valve releifs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

im going to start a mini me on my hf bottom end just using a dx head and what not to make some power. Theres an article on here abotu making a monster hf swap, and i wanted to know if the stock hf pistons have 8 valve releifs or no valve releifs?? the article says the head can go right on , but a 16 valve head and pistons with 8 relifs wouldnt exactly jive right.
so does anyone know what the stock hf pistons have for valve releifs?
thanks

thast weird i just cant imagine honda putting 16 valve relifs on pistons in a known 8 valve motor, i guess i could take my head apart but i dotn want to do all that then find out the freak swap wont work.

thanks for that link buddy

Hey man, I have the same question, what year is your hf? And if you do end up just taking off your head, let me know, just pm or im me.

It could just be a cost thing... cheaper to buy a ton of PM3 pistons and just stuff them into B6 blocks as well as B2 blocks. If it works, why not? I'm still searching though- I want to find this out too.

im probably going to be pulling the head off my HF today so ill let you know what i come up with.

ok, i got bored so i got out to the garage and pulled the head off. heres what i found....2 valve reliefs per piston, btw this is out of an '89 HF
d15b6pistons.jpg

d15b6stamp.jpg

so the hf monster thread is bullshit or has someone actually done it ? it says nothing about replacing pistons
oh btw thanks for doing that Ryan nice buildup on the block hahah those pistons are gay im embarassed that they are in my car now hah. who cares about the 50mpg if your pistons look gay

so ok the head swap wont work so pr3 pistons are in order now? wil lthose go straight in? the bore and connecting rod width and all that

Sorry- that should be PM3, not PR3. PM3 is the D15B2 piston- PR6 is for a B16. The PM3s should drop right in and slide onto your stock rods.

thanks man. Your a big help as usual to the junk yard i go!

Of course I'd give you credit- it wouldn't be too cool if I didn't especially since you did all the work. The only reason I had to post it up is because I can't "copy" a post from one thread to another. If I could do that, I would have just copied your post into a new thread in the articles section.

Back