Hf transmission strength

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM95Se-R

Hey guys I'm new to the site but not to cars. :p. I searched around for a nice car to mod. on the side and I picked up a CRX Hf. Now I've been doing a little bit of research and I do believe that the ZC motor will bolt right up to my stock tranny and m/m... Now, with the EXTREMLY tall gears of the Hf it would make it a perfect candidate for turboing. My questions are what will the ZC be able to take as far as torque goes and what is the limits of the tranny? Thanks alot guys, Chad.

Originally posted by JDM95Se-R@Mar 10 2004, 08:05 AM
Hey guys I'm new to the site but not to cars. :p. I searched around for a nice car to mod. on the side and I picked up a CRX Hf. Now I've been doing a little bit of research and I do believe that the ZC motor will bolt right up to my stock tranny and m/m... Now, with the EXTREMLY tall gears of the Hf it would make it a perfect candidate for turboing. My questions are what will the ZC be able to take as far as torque goes and what is the limits of the tranny? Thanks alot guys, Chad.

a better question is how much boost which would create torque and yes the tranny will bolt up but being from a car with less than 70 flywheel hp and having with a very weak differential i will not hold up

:werd: but boost should not be your goal you need to set a hp goal if your going boost, on that motor i wouldint try/ expect to get more then 170hp on a junk yard set up, i think the trany might hold up to that but who knows B16 has a good point about the low output of the stock engine thoguh i would like to think that trans mission even being a base model type trany would have a sound design and be made of materials that could with stand at least 170hp and maybe 140 lb ft, though i could be wrong its juts my $0.2 im sure some one else will be able to give you a more definitive answer

Well is it just a usuall D-series tranny with a different set of gears? I know D-series tranny's can handle some pretty good power so I won't have to worry abotu the case cracking: might be able to get away with just cryo treating and shot peening the gears. You really didn't help me with my question B16rex there are many stock cars that come with horribly overbuilt transmissions.. so your chime in about the 70hp really doesn't matter. Not trying to be a dick just wondering if anybody has solid info about the HF tranny that's all.. I'm not planning on much more that 160 or 170hp max. Thanks, Chad.

the hf gears are just to long even for turbo.....no say you shift at 7500 thats about 110 in 2nd gear for a hf too crazy....just get a 88-91 si tranny they are pretty strong or a zc trans.

Back