hf vs si weight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90crxb16a

Is the frame liter or its components?

1990 crx SI weighs in at about 2,175 pounds
the HFcomes in at about 1,950 pounds

the big difference in weight seems to me to be in the motor and the sun roof.

Example the HF motor weighs less than the SI motor so if you pull the stock motor ant drop in a b16 the weight not that much different because your changing out the motor(the main reason for weight difference)

Drop the sun roof and the advantage of an HF swap should not be that different.

Also what is the weight difference of the rear drum brakes compared to the rear disk. I would think the drums would be heavier.

I gues the only way to know is to weigh the dam car after the swap. I already broke my bathroom scale.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<just a joke

the hf and the si motor weigh basically the same, the weight difference comes in the handling and suspesion upgrades the si comes with, the hf has alluminum rear drums, the si has a sun roof, the si also has more support for the passenger compartment, plus im sure there is more, but just to give you an example.

also has bigger front brakes.... i think..... and rear disk brakes

aslo i had my friends and i did a rear break conversion on his hf. rear drum breaks are steel(not alliminum(sp))

BIG HUNKS OF CRAP-

the motor size is very noticeable when you put th si next to the hf.

florida-MIKE

the motor size is the same it is the same block the only difference is in the intake manifold size which is prolly 5 pounds,

don't forget the rear wiper on the dx/si...thats gotta be a few ounces...

the front brakes as in the rotors, or calipers or pads, because the HF calipers and pads are actually smaller i do believe,

Originally posted by jeff+Aug 14 2003, 09:46 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 13 2003, 10:27 PM
90crxb16a
@Aug 13 2003, 02:47 PM
also has bigger front brakes.... i think.....

All front brakes are the same diameter for all 88-91 CRXs.

90-91 civic 4drs had the biggest rotors of the the 4th gen. They are an inch bigger.

Yes, they did- but only the 90-91 EX models. I didn't say all Civics though- I said all CRXs. :p :)

I forgot to add the ex part. Thats why I shouldn't be posting after a 17 hour work day. I am an asshat.

Back