1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hg

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Viperlocc_B18C1, May 7, 2003.

1. Viperlocc_B18C1

Viperlocc_B18C1 Senior Member

honda's (my b18c1) comes with a metal headgasket right? if so you can reuse just like the ones for a supra (what i used to have). right now i dont really have the cash on hand to go get some gaskets...but ill be port and polishing the head so ill break in the pistons before i do the head and then get the gaskets replaced..will this work for a bit using the existing gaskets (already replaced before winter) i mean they should still be good right?

2. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

IMHO I'd wait til I had the cash to do it right the first time. why make a problem for yourself

3. Viperlocc_B18C1

well the place im taking it to get the head port and polished i have to drive to, so i figured, put in the new pistons and break them in for that couple hour drive, then when he takes the head off, buy all the gaskets then...why buy new ones now and then replace after 500 or so miles.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

OMG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't pay the machine shop if you plan on running you rmotr without gaskets... shit will seize, and you will blow up

5. Viperlocc_B18C1

no no im gonna use the existing gaskets for about 500 miles

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted