hi def movies... they're here :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
ummm no. xbox doesn't play blu ray.

and most $100 dvd players will offer up-convertion now-a-days. but still, thats only 720p/1080i.

i'm talking 1080p y0

Hope your TV has an HDMI port b/c that's the only way you'll make the best out of that. Y/Pb/Pr is decent for 720 pro/1080 inter but you'll need some serious bandwidth for 1080 progressive

That and HDMI is *UNCOMPRESSED* (There go my nippies again!)
Or DVI. HDMI is just DVI + audio.

Yes, DVI is phased out because Brian didn't buy into DVI. So we're going to his standard.

Call SONY because their memory sticks were wrong all along, and the MD was killed because Brian didn't use it :)

i actually had a sony memory stick cam that i just sold to blanco, so don't give me that :p

i never got into MD, never saw the point when cd'r were right around the corner...

DVI being phased out? hardly

Crutchfield is taking pre-orders on the Toshiba HD-DVD player listed on their site already. Looks basic, but it's only $499. Not bad! They should've made the whole thing silver though. Oh and prepare to replace your receivers with Dolby Digital HD and DTS HD compatible ones.

Damn, I just got my Denon reciever recently :cry: Fucking technology. grr

Yeah I know man. I decided to wait on my DVD player and receiver until these babies hit then I'd upgrade. Been hard, but it's right around the corner.

Quoted post[/post]]
Crutchfield is taking pre-orders on the Toshiba HD-DVD player listed on their site already. Looks basic, but it's only $499. Not bad! They should've made the whole thing silver though. Oh and prepare to replace your receivers with Dolby Digital HD and DTS HD compatible ones.
:laugh: bestbuy is also taking pre-orders

I'm still waiting for ultra thin crt's to hit the market.
and then I'll think about getting a new tv that's 1080p

Quoted post[/post]]
yup. hdmi tv (2 inputs actually) and its 1080p.

my dvd player currently has up-converting hdmi, but like all dvds, its maxed out at 480p (thats what dvd's are encoded with)

i knew it was coming, and thats why i didn't cheap out and save a couple hundred bucks for the 720p version.

PICT0022.jpg

word.

Nice Setup B!

Here's how I roll

S2010079.jpg

Hurt 'em with the 52"

S2010078.jpg

Then put em back in comfort zone with the new leather

:thankyou:

couple of nice setups, wheres whats at my house

DSC02515.jpg

most of the cables are ran behind the wall except the hd cables for the 360, ant. for the radio on the receiver, and cable from the dish. that was a pain running several wires through the wall.

and yes we also have a leather couch, and 2 leather chairs

and Silverchild79 I have that same bookshelf you have your dvds on, came with my computer desk :thumbsup: nice choice, I am sure you have the same desk

Brian, you need a financial adviser if you are going to sell 1000 DVD's that play in 720p, but not 1080p. You can tell a difference, but think of the money you will just waste.

Quoted post[/post]]
everybody should buy an xbox 360. it plays the hi-def and upgrades current dvds to a higher quality.
:laugh: :laugh:

Xbox 360 doesn't play HD movies at all right now. Supposedly there will be an external HD-DVD player this year, but that's still unsure. And the 360 does NOT upscale.

Back