Hi every body...engine swap questions !!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

popeye jones

Hi everyone,
popeye jones here...its great to have a site where you can get help and have your questions answered...I'm an old car guy, I have 3 old chevys and I know how to up date those cars....But now I have an older honda and the engines getting tired...its an 84 civic wagon...1500 (I think) with an automatic...yeah I know it looks like a box with a sloped front end...but hey, I dig this little car....what I would like to do is put in a newer version engine in, maybe even all wheel drive, (did honda offer any all wheel drive??)...anyway, I could use all the advice I can get...what type engine will fit--do I have to swap the trans too--are there kits available--can I put a V-6 in it--and most important, are the swaps SMOG LEGAL............you know, those kind of questions...if you can answer any or all of my questions, just leave a post/reply here....if you want to e-mail me direct....my e-mail address is: thx56139@yahoo.com all the info you can provide is very much appreciated...
Thanks to everyone,
popeye jones

wrong forum

welcome to the board

check out hasport.com for mount kits and review their installation instructions for a good preview of whats ahead of you

all wheel drive = pain in the balls and not worth it
the 88-91 wagovans had 4wd but only 10% of the power went to the rear wheels, CRV's have a limited slip type system that needs modifying to make an all time 50-50 power split...

i think the 1500 was not multi point fuel injection was it?
you may want to upgrade to a newer chassis unless you LOVE your car and it is 100% rust free

Back