hi everybody

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

moshe_levy

i have 97 honda turbo with gt 2876 garrett turbo , AEM ecu and all the rest parts, now my question is about the rev limit,at the original ecu the rev limits is at 7200 rpm now i want to move the rev limits up at the new calibration at the AEM ecu,
how much can i raise the rev limit ant keep my engine safe??

Why do you need to rev much higher then the stock red-line?

Oh, and in response to your thread title..."Hi Dr. Nick!"

i want to rev the limit because the turbo get full boost in 5000 rpm, so i have to remove little bit the limits so i will have more range
the engine is not stock i replace the pistons,pistons rings,rods,bearings,head bolts ,but i did not touch the head of the engine it stays stock

yeah dude hit the dyno your engine makes its highest amount of power at a certain rpm (normally found on a dyno) once you pass that rpm you start losing power

i want to rev the limit because the turbo get full boost in 5000 rpm, so i have to remove little bit the limits so i will have more range
the engine is not stock i replace the pistons,pistons rings,rods,bearings,head bolts ,but i did not touch the head of the engine it stays stock

Well you'd still need to install after-market valve-train components in order to safely rev that high anyway. As others pointed out, your engine power is going to peak at a certain point, and then drop. I'd say just get the turbo on it and get it tuned for now...

Back