Hi Everyone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

speedrx

OL SKOOL HONDA FOOL
just wanted to say hi . and tell you alittle bout me. I have been an old car nut all my life. old car being 68 and older. last year I bought an 88 crx hf and I have had a blast driving this lil car. I performed a b18a swap and hilarity insued i got problems and I am here for help and to help others through the experience of my screw ups:confused:

no pics right now it's still pretty ugly. the problem i first swapped the motor and took the lold skool approach. I rewired the thing the hard way. i cut the crx harness and wired in the acura plugs and computer. amazingly it ran an the first try but my 2 a.m working nights began to shine through and i had problems so i scraped my wiring for a slightly used harness from a wreck bought the jkobd harness and now i have a crank positin sensor problem that won't go away

always check the conector plugs, you may need to join across them, it isnt such a big problem with hondas but i no it can be on other cars.

i no with some kias and some hyundais the pins in the plugs are undersized and over time they can get a dodgy connection, espesialy if they have been unplugged and plugged back in. to over come this we sometimes get a bit of wire and join one end to one side of the plug and the other side to the equivilant wire on the other side of the plug, the down side is that the plug cant be unplugged and it is messy.to test plug, test with digital multimere for continuity while wigling. also check continuity from ecu plug to sensor if possible,also check suply to sensor with volt metre with ignition on. if you can run it. test sensor with on osciloscope while wiggling suspect plug. becarful before you chop any thing and always solder the joints, inulate well, heat shink if you chop the wire totaly, or just tape it if you join in, use conveluted tubing to neatin it up and protect it. if your unshore got to a professional.

im not shore with hondas but going by other other cars it could be 5volts, this is a gues as i have not messed around to much with honda ecus

Back