Hi-flow Cat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwikcivic

Does anyone know where I can buy a good high flow cat(not the animal) from? I would prefer a direct bolt on. Its for my 93 civic hatch. I would get a test pipe but I dont want my exhaust to be loud. Any websites or shops in the NY area would help.

I plan on getting the Random Technology cat. They use the honeycomb design instead of a bunch of screens. Do a search for random technology's. The explain the advantages of the honeycomb design over the screens. Also their honeycombs(inside the cat) i believe are shorter and have larger ports in them for better flow. I have also heard that the honeycomb design is better for emissions(If you are in cali and care) meaning it's easier to pass smog than with the screen design. Do a search for this info.

Any place that sells Flowmaster catalytic converters can put a 2¼", 2½", or 3" one on for you. I'm not sure they're particularly high-flow, compared with other brands, but they work.

eBay is cheap. I buy everything from eBay. You will find good CAT's on there. Just go to ebaymotors.com and go to parts and accessories. if you search for "civic Cat" you will come up with a ton of stuff.

Originally posted by RFHOMI2U@Jan 25 2003, 04:26 AM
eBay is cheap. I buy everything from eBay. You will find good CAT's on there. Just go to ebaymotors.com and go to parts and accessories. if you search for "civic Cat" you will come up with a ton of stuff.

Ebay is a bunch of shit,yea sometimes you can find some decent stuff there,but why bother when you can ordr it from a reputible dealer.As well as the places listed above,Landspeeds powercores are a little pricey but from what I heard they will make it to fit your application.

hey I have thermal high flow cat and it owns, err might be wrong but I know its a racing cat with actual honey comb because its chrome and a little better tone with it and good hp gain.

Where do you feel the hp gain the most? Throughout the entire powerband? I just want to know if its worth getting. I have a Thermal cat-back exhaust on the car now, it has a deep muffled tone (sounds good) not ricey!

Most "racing" cats are not street legal,so it will be harder to get smogged if you care.Most of the time changing your cat isn't going to produce noticable results,it is a nescessary part of your emmisions and the after markets free up some but not much.I'd be suprised if you noticed.

random technology makes a legal high flow cat...
the cat is just as important to upgrade as the intake, header. exhaust...
think of the air flow in your car as a straw... it doesnt matter where you pinch it off it will still be restricted freeing up the entire system allows for maximum flow and maximum gains

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 25 2003, 07:48 PM
random technology makes a legal high flow cat...
the cat is just as important to upgrade as the intake, header. exhaust...
think of the air flow in your car as a straw... it doesnt matter where you pinch it off it will still be restricted freeing up the entire system allows for maximum flow and maximum gains

I know there are legal high flow,I was speaking of ones labeled "race" as being hard to smog.I know they are an important upgrade,but the ones I've used have not been much of an improvement.It's not like the piping,since it still has to have the element inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back