Hi I am New!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboFanatic

Hello guys, I just got a 91 civic hatch. I do not know what model it is. It is a four speed and the center piece in the rear that says civic is black instead of red like others I have seen. But anyways, I picked it up off of an old lady for a grand it has 100,000 miles on it and it is in excelent condition. I want to swap in a sohc vtec motor in it and slap a greddy kit on it. I am really suffering right now because all the cars I have had have been turbo cars. I cannot live without turbo. Can you guys please help a bro out. I am only going to use the car to drive to work and stuff like that nothing to big will be needed.

Its a Standard model (std) which means that it is DPFI (dual point fuel injected). From what you're saying, you probably want a ZC motor. However, you will need a new tranny, computer, and will need to convert from DPFI to MPFI (multi point....).

[edit] oh yeah, you'll need new axles and steering knuckles/hubs too [/edit]

ok my friend has a 93 hatch that is a si model. he is going to swap out the motor soon for a fully built gsr motor. If I get the motor, ecu, wiring harness all that good stuff off of him will the tranny work? Or do I have to find a cable tranny from a five speed 88-91 hatch/crx?

ive got a trans from a 90 rex si 108,xxx mi

actually i have a semi swap
90 rex si motor trans ecu
inc manifolds dizzy t/b
just no wiring or injectors

cheap :spin:

I didn't have to change the axels from my std, its got the same axels from the automatic tranny, I put them onto the si tranny with no problem. I think if you put the zc tranny in you need new axels, as well as a midshaft.

^^^ HF's and Std's have fewer splines than the Si/Dx/Teg axles. Are you sure that your cat wasn't a Dx? I'm almost positive you had a Dx, because the Std only came with a 4 spd maual (as far as I know).

ok I was just callin some friends up and one of them told me they had a 90 dx motor, tranny, and ecu for $150. What do you guys think? I mean that could be a start atleast I will have a tranny.
I am going to go see the motor in a hour or so. is the dx motor multi point or dual. can I still use my wiring harness?

personally i would get the swap from your boy or go mini me
this is just going to be your ride to work right?
that will be plenty of power for a beater
or do you plan on racing stop light to stop light to work in the morning?

Its not worth it. The Dx motor is DPFI, SOHC, non VTEC. The tranny isn't very good either...for speed; Its good for gas milage. I still say get a ZC. If you plan on boosting you could go with the DOHC non VTEC zc motor. It would give you more tuning capability and with boost, VTEC isn't nessisary...just get some turbo cams :p. I have no clue what you're wanting to spend but the zc swap would run about $1000 with eveything. Add another $1500 to boost, and you have a D-series monster! :D

nope - thats from a 92, and is OBD1, you need a motor from an 88-91 car which is OBD0. Unless you want to rewire your engine harness.

well where can I find the engine I need and all the stuff I will need? Like I said all I want is something to drive to work that I wont be falling asleep in. I loved driving my eclipse to work, but I don't wanna drive it to work alot cuz I have racked up alot of miles on it already, thats why I bought the hatch. But the hatch is so slow it isen't even funny I can't even pass people in traffic.

Oh yeah and I don't want to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on the hatch that I will be using mostly to drive to work. I do want to atleast be able to beat a prelude with normal bolt-ons i/h/e if it really came down to it. I wanna drive it to work but atleast be able to have some fun with it. :D

hi quick question! i have a 91 crx 1.5 , will the engin wireing and drive train from a 91 integra go straight in?

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jun 8 2004, 08:17 PM
nope - thats from a 92, and is OBD1, you need a motor from an 88-91 car which is OBD0. Unless you want to rewire your engine harness.

he'll have to do just as much to his engine harness to get an obd0 zc in there as an obd1 motor

Originally posted by 1000bhp@Jun 9 2004, 05:49 PM
hi quick question! i have a 91 crx 1.5 , will the engin wireing and drive train from a 91 integra go straight in?

thread jacker

Back