Hi I'm New

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18b1_delsol

Hi I'm David. I have a 94 Del Sol with a 94 b18b1 swap, neuspeed coilovers, apex-i cat back, dc stainless header, and MR 7 wheels.

Looking foward to boost it real soon, so any tips or thoughts shoot them my way. Thanks

I had a del-sol once, really fun.

welcome and have fun with your boost!

Yea i wana just run a couple pounds of boost. Nothing to major, just that fact to boost it. I know alot of ppl are against "ebay" kits, but i just wana spend about the 1200-1500 dollar range. I don't want to make it a "race car" since it will be my DD.

Does anyone run an "ebay" kit or anything that is off ebay?

Does anyone have any input on this idea? Is there any other kit i can pick up for or around the 1200 dollar range?

:wave:Welcome. ebay=you get what you pay for. Do the research on what you wanna make as far as numbers, part together yor own kit, and tune, tune, tune. :thumbsup:

I understand that you don't want to spend a lot of money on this since you don't plan on boosting much, but honestly I'd still spend some extra bucks to get a decent quality setup. E-Bay turbo kits are synonomous with crap. Why waste money on junk that could possibly harm your motor and cost you more down the road when you could have just spent a little more up front and got quality stuff to begin with?

And FYI, it's safe to boost more than a couple pounds on that engine. In fact, you can safely make 200+ wheel horse on a B18B, you just need to make sure you have quality components and that you're tuned well.

if you dnt want to spend alot...go to xs-power.com 620 for a b series kit...720 with cam gears and bigger intercooler i believe..honestly i used one and it worked fine for a DD..if it was a drag car then it would be otherwise...o and i believe xs-power offers a WARRENTY [=...well good luck bro

What I'd actually recommend is that you do a lot of reading on turbo-charging (you can start with the articles in our FAQ section) and then work on piecing together your own turbo kit that exactly suits your wants and needs. That way you can shop around and get the same quality of components that you'd find in the expensive name-brand turbo kits but hopefully it will be a little more cost effective and exactly suited to your needs...

read my sig

lol!

yeah it's not that ebay kits are good for low boost or anything, it's that ebay kits fail way way more commonly than good components (greddy/trust, tial, HKS, precision turbo, full-race, to name a few).

there's LOTS and LOTS of information on this forum about it. quite honestly, you can read about forced induction for days with all the information just on hondaswap. use the search button of course. or just check out the recent posts in the Forced Induction section.

since your new, you dont know i guess, but now when get_nick posts 'read my sig', it's inevitable that everything you want to know has been covered. try to research, research some more, then when u get stuck, post questions.

best of luck!

read my sig

:lmao: Nice!

I need to do something similar, or at least ask people not to PM me anymore. I get tech-related PMs from people that have never even posted before, they just go straight to PM. It's ridiculous...

I know that on this forum it tells me what kind of injectors to run prolly, but i wanted to get someones idea on dsm injectors and do i need a risistor box or anything like that? i am obd1 b18b1

Back