Hi Mat CDs??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
well, i just went to burn an mp3 disc... haven't burned one in a while.

via windows xp's burn thinggee... i get a pop up saying, do you want to burn this cd using himat technology?

i click no because i don't know wtf it is... or how it got there (perphaps windows update?)

so, umm... yeah- WTF is it?

i just hooked up my raggedy old cd burner and installed NERO Burning ROM v5.0 and it works hella good. try something like that? oh and i am also running WinXP :)

i have no problems with software i already have... no need to get another.

im just curious what this format is.

it says "for some new players and hardware" and nothing more...

Introducing HighMAT
HighMAT enables an exciting new generation of consumer electronics devices which can work seamlessly with digital media content created on a PC. This innovative new patent pending technology is co-developed and supported by Microsoft Corporation and Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (Panasonic).

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...cs/highmat.aspx

Haven't looked into it at all, but it smells like some sort of DRM/copy prevention to me :(

EDIT: Ok now I spent a good 30 seconds looking into it... It's some proprietary formatting/naming convention for playing different types of media on different players.
It's totally useless.

Back