Hi There

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OGMatt

Not a real OG lol
Hey I'm Matt, new to Hondaswap. Some of you may know 90civicboy or Brad. He is my friend (lives close to me) and made me get a face on Hondaswap. About 5 years ago my parents purchaced a 98' Civic CX to replace a piece of shit unreliable Volkswagen Passat. Then Brad got into Hondas and recently sold my dad a 91' Civic CX because our piece of shit Dodge campervan broke down. Even more recently I got a 89' CRX Si for $1200 from a chinese guy that had it from new. It's a bit rough around the edges but once you see past thoes rough spots its wonderful. Its stright, no damage, only a tiny bit of surface rust and a couple of rips in the interior as most 18 year-old cars do with about 200,000 miles. Brad and I took a whole afternoon and cleaned the shit out of it and it looks like a million bucks. I got about a year until I'm driving so I have plenty of time to work on it.:)

P.S. I'M NOT A GAY-ASS RICER, FUCK THEM!!! KEEP IT REAL, KEEP IT JDM!!!

Here is it now:
DSCF2340.jpg

DSCF2336.jpg

The only rust:
DSCF2337.jpg

DSCF2354.jpg

Before super clean:
DSCF2332.jpg

After super clean:
DSCF2368.jpg

My Mugen oil cap :cool::
DSCF2360.jpg

Also Brad told me to look out for someone called 91accordwithwork, appearantly he's a retard?

It actually looks fairly clean for how old it is. I'm surprised that there's not more rust on it. And nice Mugen oil cap, heh heh, that's 20+ horses to the wheels right there! :D

But yeah, watch out for 91accordwithwork, he's our resident ass-clown...

Looks good! Take good care of that little gem, it's really hard to find one like that these days.

I wish I could find one in that good of shape. :(

Nice find. Keep it nice. Please don't be like most kids who get a crx for their first car and wreck it. Lately I have been looking for a replacement crx but I have been unable to find an unmolested one, especially for that price.

I think the most I'm going to do with my car is a I/H/E, probably lower it and some kind of 15" rims. Also a descent stereo.

JDM is starting to be a little ricey, a JDM engine however is usually better or less restricted, other than that its just a name.

Nice CRX, its hard to find one in my area thats nice, they are either owned by someone or completely ravaged by kids and salt. Nice valve cover too.

Also welcome to Hondaswap.

I see you're off to a decent start with it. What are your plans for the rex?

Very nice! Sand blast that rust spot and seal it up asap!

I love the yellow crx's. And I don't know how long its been since I've seen a crx with a stock intake on it. Kinda sexy, lol.

Back