Hi y'all 1991 CRX question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JackedupCRX

I got a question, ya see I just got this CRX from my gandmonhter. I got it last month and I noticed a lot of water comming in in the hatch area. The car only has like 49k on it ya see she never went anyplace with it. So I just wanted to know how a car with so little miles can all at once spring a leak? I mean I was driving in a rain storm couple weeks back and had my music goin and my amp shorted out. I pull over at the nearest fillin station and lo an behold frickin water commin in the back. you guys think it's the windo or the hatch seal? Should i go to the nearst junk yard and my me a hatch do i need to weld somethin? I am lost on how to fix this. and another questyion how do i put a shoty shifter in this? What kind oil should I be putin in when i change my oil? last but not lest how do i go about gettin some nice exhaust work done to it? what do you guys recomend, we got us here some noise laws but that aint stopin me from makin my baby just like the cars I see in the movies. no sir so should i throw on a nice borla or a flowmaster a dyno max? ya see i been into american cars my hole life and this is my first foren car, i had a 80 Monte carlo all done up with a big block 305 and flomasters. I know how to work on that but not this. Any help be apreaciated and ill help you guys out with your tecnical questions the best i can also.

Member's Lounge
Clean discussions about every day things. NO TECH POSTS. All posts must stay true to our Board Guidelines.

:moved:

open the hatch up near the roof line you'll see two hinges that have a weld around them. with a weld sealer of some sort. most likley the weld has cracked. I've got the same problem, I have an idea on how to fix it but it's way to cold right now to try it.

I'm going to use a RTV615 (you can only get this stuff from limited sources) , or I might try RTV6150, both are clear but need to be used in an environment about 50deg F.

I'm pretty sure this will solve the problem.

Back