HID CIVIC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

I was wondering if it would be hard to install an HID kit into my 97 civic? I know they are illegal too, so no one has to tell me. Should I have this done professionally or can I do it myself? I am thinking about a Phillips system or Sylvania Xenarc HID's. Let me know, thanx.

Well, someone in another post said they were illegal, but I dont think the Sylvania Xenarc's are illegal though.

Originally posted by korey@Jan 29 2004, 07:08 PM
Well, someone in another post said they were illegal, but I dont think the Sylvania Xenarc's are illegal though.

Xenarc kits come with new headlight housings... and they AREN'T available for any Hondas- at least not to install in your existing housings. So yes, the Xenarc system is illegal for your car if you try to install it in your main headlight housings.

Installation is pretty simple with an HID kit- just plug the bulbs in and wire everything up. Some of them require you to modify the headlight housing so the HID capsule base can be mounted, but other than that- it's pretty easy. Just make sure you have everything aimed right so you don't cause more complaints to fuck those of us that are going to install HIDs properly.

Since my car uses H4 bulbs, will any H4 system work in my car? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just need all the info I can get. Thanx.

Back