hid light bulb question.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luded

Ok heres the deal. When i bought the car i had those plasma white headlights from apc in it. The were bright blue. today both of my low beams decided they wanted to go out withing 5 mins of each other. What sucks is tomorrow i have 1 piece jdm black headlights ( for prelude) coming in. Being that i had to drive tonight i went and bought a pair of sylvania silverstar headlights. They dont glow blue so they dont match my question is this. What should i go with considering i just got new jdm headlights. go all silverstar or buy those bright 5000k+ blue headlights. I dont want to mess up my lense on the new headlights or wires as some of them bright ass blue lights do. i have heard stories about them bright blue lights glaring bad on the 1 piece jdm black headlights What should i do?

Please answer like asap b/c if i wanna get a return on my silverstars i havta do it tomorrow. Thanks

silverstars will be fine... i personally dont like them because i find that i can see a lot more with light that is more in the yellow end of the spectrum... i run the GE +60s... they are pretty damn bright and still have the standard halogen yellowish color to them

http://www.suvlights.com sells a butload of lights for excelent prices

will going with some of those fake hid 5000k + lights actually effect my wiring harness and my lenses. they say they dont there d.o.t. approved but i want input from someone who knows b/c i just spent a lot of money on my jdm headlights (practically brand new) and i dont wanna fuck them up

your the jdm master. everything will work

i know it will work lol i just dont know about long term damage to the lenses or wiring harness. Does any one out there know?

chances are they probably will not damage your lights or harness as long as they are stock wattage

BUT 99% of them SUCK... they burn out fast and they put out less light than a stock bulb because they get their mAdD tItE c0l0<span style="color:red">R</span> by coating, painting, or otherwise coloring the glass of the bulb... that means less light

get the damn silverstars
they will give you the look you want while still putting out a good amount of light (30% over stock)
you can also get all of your other bulbs in silverstars and have matching lights on your car

dont waste your time or money on any of these other bullshit lights claiming to give you the "look of HIDs"

get the damn silverstars
I have low beam silver star i just like that blue light look. I know the smart move would be to go all silver star for one they are hella better than any fake hid light bulb and are gunna be better on the glare/blur factor with the headlights i guess i just wanted someone to tell me that the blue ones were good lol. I guess ill just debate on it and choose tomorrow.

right now lol i have low beams that glow yellowish white and corners and brights that glow blue white kinda sux

Lighting should be based on what you can see, not if you can get the mAd TiGhT jDm bLuE LooK.

My .02

Quoted post[/post]]
get the damn silverstars
I have low beam silver star i just like that blue light look. I know the smart move would be to go all silver star for one they are hella better than any fake hid light bulb and are gunna be better on the glare/blur factor with the headlights i guess i just wanted someone to tell me that the blue ones were good lol. I guess ill just debate on it and choose tomorrow.

right now lol i have low beams that glow yellowish white and corners and brights that glow blue white kinda sux

you ask for opinions and then start saying why you don't want to listen to them?

Shut up, go down to autozone and buy yourself some "mad tite jdm APC hid-look without the functionality blue bulbs" and don't complain when you can't see shit. Just stay off the road when I'm out and about because I don't want a pair of blue flashlights gunnin' me down on the highway.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
get the damn silverstars

you ask for opinions and then start saying why you don't want to listen to them?

Shut up, go down to autozone and buy yourself some "mad tite jdm APC hid-look without the functionality blue bulbs" and don't complain when you can't see shit. Just stay off the road when I'm out and about because I don't want a pair of blue flashlights gunnin' me down on the highway.

When did i not take any ones advice? take a minute and re read my post. you sure are coming hot off the trigger there pal. I am going all silverstar like E said so if you can plz show me where i asked fro help and didnt take the advice?

Back