Hid set

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsir1

Just won this hid set on ebay for $190
Lexus ballasts and everything seen.
4e_1.JPG

Will also be getting these
b4_1_b.JPG

Going into my 95 hatchback stock housings, hopefully they wont produce too much glare with the shield. If glare becomes a problem or the light pattern isnt sufficient then I will get some projectors and retro fit them. I will be posting pics once I get the kit and everything completed.

ya my buddy was selling his whole HID setup. He is like a SERIOUS retrofitter though. He does like 2 a week and makes pretty good loot lol. He had HID fogs and like a whole bunch of projector retrofit stuff I can't remember.

Get complete projectors from a regular be-xenon HID car (Audi, BMW) and put them into your stock housings, or into some housings that have true clear front lenses. You'll be much happier than using capsules with shields into stock housings that still have the fluting on the front glass.

Well im going to just try out the shield and stock housing to see how bad or good it is. I dont like how the denjis look and dont like how the projector looks inside the stock housings. I hope it doesnt look like ass and blind people if so I guess I will be forced to get some s2k projectors and retro. One thing with the retro'ed projector sitting in the stock housing is thieves will automatically know what I have.

I wonder if I could just get a clear lense for the stock housing with the shield? No rush since I can experiment with cheap housings from the junkyard.

Quoted post[/post]]
Well im going to just try out the shield and stock housing to see how bad or good it is. I dont like how the denjis look and dont like how the projector looks inside the stock housings. I hope it doesnt look like ass and blind people if so I guess I will be forced to get some s2k projectors and retro. One thing with the retro'ed projector sitting in the stock housing is thieves will automatically know what I have.

I wonder if I could just get a clear lense for the stock housing with the shield? No rush since I can experiment with cheap housings from the junkyard.

Most thieves won't even know what they're looking at- trust me. I wouldn't get the S2k projectors. They'll be hard to find because there really aren't that many S2ks out there, and they're only good for low beams. Run a bi-xenon so you can have both high and low beams in your HID setup. Junkyards won't have a clear lens for the stock housings because there was never one made.

Quoted post[/post]]
TYC makes a housing that has a clear lens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94-95...sspagenameZWDVW

If you can deal with the F&F branding TYC makes a nice product.

TYC actually makes the best quality aftermarket headlights for Civics. You can either go with the TYC housings or get the generics from ProCarParts or eBay. Since you'll be cutting it up and adding your own projector, the generics are probably just fine- you're not worried about the reflector design anyway.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Most thieves won't even know what they're looking at- trust me. I wouldn't get the S2k projectors. They'll be hard to find because there really aren't that many S2ks out there, and they're only good for low beams. Run a bi-xenon so you can have both high and low beams in your HID setup. Junkyards won't have a clear lens for the stock housings because there was never one made.

Quoted post[/post]]
TYC makes a housing that has a clear lens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94-95...sspagenameZWDVW

If you can deal with the F&F branding TYC makes a nice product.

TYC actually makes the best quality aftermarket headlights for Civics. You can either go with the TYC housings or get the generics from ProCarParts or eBay. Since you'll be cutting it up and adding your own projector, the generics are probably just fine- you're not worried about the reflector design anyway.

Cool thanks for that link and suggestions. I will post up once I finish the project.

Does anyone have a picture of the bi's fitted into the stock housing. I want hid's but want it to look and work right if i am going to go that route.

Quoted post[/post]]
Cool thanks for that link and suggestions. I will post up once I finish the project.

:thumbsup: Pics are good. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Does anyone have a picture of the bi's fitted into the stock housing. I want hid's but want it to look and work right if i am going to go that route.

Google up "Civic HID retrofit" and you'll find quite a few. There's really no difference visually between the bi and single HID retrofit when you're looking at it from the outside.

Back