HID's for my Cobalt Coupe ... No or Go?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyheimer

I'm looking to order a 8000k HID kit for my Chevy Cobalt Coupe, and would like to know all your opinions on them before I go ahead and order them.

ccoupe.gif

8000K is far too blue IMO
the higher you go in to the blue range of light the more it tends to glare rally badly off of snow, fog, rain, etc... making it harder to see in shitty conditions

i wouldnt go with anything higher than 6000K preferably 5000K
it wont give you that cool blue light look... but it will give you more useable light in more conditions

I just have to find out if it's going to void my dealer warranty or not. I don't think it should, but we will have to see.

unless your car blows up due to the wiring of the unit, there is no way it will void your warranty.

Tons of things will void your warranty. Bolt-ons and stuff that doesn't require you to open up your engine or splice into wiring will not.

As for your HID kit, please do NOT put a set of bulb rebased HID capsules into your stock housings. If you're going to put HIDs into your headlights, retrofit true HID projectors into place. HID rebase setups (almost all HID "kits") don't put light in the right place in a housing that's meant for incandescant bulbs. They throw glare everywhere, they can get you some pretty hefty fines (cops look for these), and they give a bad name to the people who want to properly fit HID projectors into their stock housings.

You are just going to blind oncoming traffic. Your headlights were NOT designed for HID bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back