High 13's In All Motor D-series..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpSPOONsol

i have a 93' del sol S, with i/e and a vtec head sittin around to do a mini-me.... my goal is to do high 13's all motor, in a daily driver. you guys have any idea how much that is gonna cost? im guessin around 5k.....reasonable?

sure
sell the D16Z6 head for a few hundred
use the 5k to get a B18C1 swapped in there with some cams and a few other bolt ons and you should be hitting 13's easy :)

as far as doing it with the D series i guess its possible but its not gunna be easy

i agree.
i've come to learn two things in my money spending habits with hondas....

if you want to go fast in a honda you need 2 cams and 1.8L or more OR BOOOOOOOOST

you could hit 13s with a D series very easily with a custom turbo setup, but you'll lose alot of dependability

and i don't think a $5300 B18C5 with a few bolt ons is going to put you into the 13s . . . sorry man

Originally posted by vpSPOONsol@Apr 16 2003, 02:52 AM
i have a 93' del sol S, with i/e and a vtec head sittin around to do a mini-me.... my goal is to do high 13's all motor, in a daily driver. you guys have any idea how much that is gonna cost? im guessin around 5k.....reasonable?

I'm trying for this in the CRX, but it'll be a LOT lighter than your del Sol. It's doable- just remember that you have to build the car the "all motor" way by removing as much weight as possible.

A B18c5 with bolt on's will get you 13's for sure, unless you fuckin suck at driving...........

Milan

I agree. A CX hatch here with a stock JDM ITR complete 4.7 gear'ed swap with only I/H/E went 13.8 spinning throught 2nd gear. With good tires, EASY 13.4 or so.

take it from someone who has a hatch and a B18C1. i have intake, headers, exhaust, CTR pistions and i can hit mid/upper 13's all day. now if i got an intake cam, slightly larger (2.75") exhaust and a 55 shot i can EASILY hit low to upper 12's on it along with slicks....as seen before its been done before.

damn, i started this thing a month ago...ive decided i can get an h22a with basic bolt ons for 5k, and hit low 13's easy....
a jdm itr, is a japanese integra type R...there refering to the b18c engine

Back