High beams switch: Poll inside

High beams switch

• 3 Position Hi/Low/Flash

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • 2 Position Toggle Hi/low

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
Do you prefer a 3 position Hi/Low/Momentary(blink) A "push switch",

page.h35.jpg

Or a two position High/Low toggle "pull switch" (click back for on, back for off)

images

Floor button is excluded from this poll due to vast superiority over both other options.

RobertMilner-N.jpg

Last edited:
I'm assuming that the stalk that comes in most cars these days counts as 3? Push forward for high beam, pull back to flash?

My trucks lights are bright enough so I haven't used my high beams in years.
Flashing is nice though for when stuck behind a slow poke, but rarely works. I don't even really flash anyone.

3 position. my highs are really bright....... and great for getting slow fucktards out of the way.

My civic is a 2 position... pull back to flash or turn on. The HHR is the three, push forward to turn on, pull back for temp on.

Never really thought about which one I like better, as long as they work for when some asshole flashes his brights at me even though mine aren't on.

I sold my buddy my hx, which he went to from his 240d. He changed from push to pull. I changed from pull to push from my civic to my insight, and we both typically gripe about our configuration whenever we have to turn on high beams.

i always pull back for high beams, and if they go back off i push forward to keep them on...
depends which vehicle i have that day
haven't really given much thought to which style i prefer, i tend to stick with low beams

my truck is a momentary...
my car is a position switch....

i prefer the position

My Benz is 3. I'm used to my honda for pull back to keep high beams on. In the benz it only flashes. I would prefer the opposite. Push to flash and pull to stay on. :p

im most use to pull for flash push for on style
the thing that is really fucking me up now is my TDi has the switch to turn the lights on and off is on the dash
495z31d.jpg

2 months in and i still catch myself fucking up

What kind of mileage you getting in that thing?

so far ive been getting about 46mpg with mostly around town driving
havent done a long distance trip yet so i dont have a full or mostly highway rating

the thing that is really fucking me up now is my TDi has the switch to turn the lights on and off is on the dash
495z31d.jpg

The beetle had that sort of switch, but it didn't allow you to choose "just" running lights. And you had to pull the knob to engage the fogs. THAT was annoying.

the BMW has more positions that do more things. And I haven't even installed the euro switch panel yet.

Stalk is "Forward" = HID lights without the shield (Effectively, same "brightness" but the stencil is lifted from the bulb so it shines out like der lumenhosen.

Back is Flash-to-pass, which engages the center halogens, which are also asshole-levels of brightness. The HIDs don't power off and on too easily, so it'll do anything it can to avoid that.

495z31d.jpg

My benz has this, but I just leave it "Auto". :p

I have owned 4 Chevy trucks in the last 10 years and the headlights automatically turn on. I sometimes forget to turn the headlights on in the Civic because I am not used to having to turn the headlights on.

I have owned 4 Chevy trucks in the last 10 years and the headlights automatically turn on. I sometimes forget to turn the headlights on in the Civic because I am not used to having to turn the headlights on.

I'm still a ricer at heart - The autoheadlights in my car will actually stay off in the daylight, then turn on at dusk. But I prefer the fogs on at dusk, and the lights don't come on until the very last second they have to.

I do, however, leave my auto wiper on. days will go by and suddenly it'll swipe and remind me.

Back