High Compression & Nitrous

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

michaelgomez

i have a 91 crx si and did a 96 mini me swap along with 89 integra pistons and rods. i heard that the the head will raise compression about a point and that the pistons raise it another 3/4 point. then on top of that i had the block shaved .20 and bored .10. i figured my compression was going to be really high, so i bought a head gasket spacer kit from summit and put on about 1.25 mm. so now i figure my compression is going to be about 10.5-11 to 1. and i've heard alot about high compression and nitrous. and i was wondering if it would raise the compression so high that it will bend a rod or blow a piston, or if it will be ok?

thanks
meeko

Detonation is the foe. Nitrous, while increasing cylinder pressures (can cause detonation) cools the charge (incoming) air to the point where it actually lessens the possibility of detonation. So as long as you don't run out of fuel and have the timing set correctly, (retarded about 2 degrees per 50hp of shot) high compression and nitrous work together very, very well.

Back