High Compression Pistons (for C5)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek9r

im leaning toward a set of Rollerwaves 12.5:1 just wondered if anybody here is running them now and can tell me of the pros + cons? Also what else would be a good choice for me. Its a definate that i will be building my bottom end now that the summer is over so any help or stories you have would be great to hear!
my setup as of now:
00' B18C5 USDM
Jun 3 Cams
Jun 4-1 Ex. Mani
RC 310cc injectors
AEBS Intake Mani
Ericks Racing Custom OBD1 ecu
Type r LSD trans

Oh yeah, this is not a daily driver, but dont want to have to run higher
than 93 octane all the time

A lot of pings and pongs. knicks a lot. quiets down when warm. low valve to piston clearance, bad GM. good power output.

Get the rollers...seen them in a box, seen them run in an ITR 2.0 built by pacific performance down here in florida and helped install them. They do hand sand the edges down to minimize detonation, etc..

I would go with 12 flat CR, going higher you need to finer tune things out, no saying you can't do it but I like to have some leigh way inbetween that.

I ran 12.6:1 Rollerwaves in my B20, and am running even more agressive Rollerwaves in my GSR. I love them. Great power, not too noisy unless you get the partial skirt high pin model, easy to tune.

do you think running my setup with type r fuel pump and some 12.5:1 CR pistons i would be too lean w/ 310cc injectors?? if so which fuel pump do you recommend? i already have aem fuel rail w/ fpr. Right now i am running wayyy rich and have the fuel pressure @ 35psi, and Vafc like -48136.61 across the board :spin:

You won't lean out 12.5:1 pistons on 310cc injectors. Those are the size that I run. I'm running the Walbro 255lph pump, but you'll probably be ok with the Type-R unit too. I don't know how much it flows, but I know I've seen the information on a board somewhere.

Turn your fuel pressure down if you're running too rich. I ran mine at 40psi though, with a Mugen program and the VAFC set not too far off zero, so I don't know how you're running too rich.

yea last weekend we used a Motec tuning system and at -8 correction and -6 through peak powerband, it was still reading rich. I need some dyno time badly seeing that the motec was only a "quick fix" at best.
Has anyone had experiance with JE pistons? they were my next choice.
Thanks Calesta for the info!

Weird... but you're welcome. :thumbsup: Everyone's tuning is different anyway.

I don't have any direct experience with the JE pistons.

Back