High compression SLEEVES

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Elo'rin

What kind of sleeves would I need? Also do they even make high compression sleeves for the h23? I want sleeves that can handle A Single Turbo, Or Twin Turbo, Or a Supercharger. Do they make these?

Thanks,
Elo'rin

there are several companies out there that have sleeves capable of any application. Darton, AEBS, golden eagle, eagle. i'm sure there are other companies. as far as carrying somethign specifically for the H23, i'm not totally sure. you'd have to check thier sites, await someone who knows, or contact them.
I AM NOT SAYING YOU CAN EVER DO THIS BUT; Darton stands behind their product to the point that they claim the sleeves will hold 900hp or 45psi, whichever comes first. so, i'd imagine, that NA applications wouldn't matter as much. good luck.

Yup, just check those companies. Most places that resleeve Honda blocks will be able to do an H23.

Hey, thanks! So than I can Turbo or Twin Turbo? I want to do the h22/h23 hybrid to vtec the engine. Can I turbo after this? If not. What would be better? Also what about supercharging?

Thanks,
Elo'rin

you can turbo or SC anything. with enough time/money/knowledge. i'd suggest not TT'ign this application, seeing as how it would be alot more time and work and money then it would really be worth. single turbo or even a SC is fine. or even NA. you must first choose a direction. then ask about it. depends on what you are looking for.

LA sleeves makes AEBS sleeves, so look into them as well. I've heard of dartons and golden eagle sleeves sinking in the cylinders or something like that. So just shop around. There are lots of guys on hondaswap who have sleeved motors, I'll soon enough be one of them. Good luck with the h23/h22, sounds like fun.

The 90-96 H23 is closed deck.
The JDM Accord Sir wagon H23A VTEC (99+) is open deck.

darton makes an MID. it is like sleeves and a closing of the deck all at once.

Originally posted by xyswany@May 3 2004, 10:24 PM

I have the 92' Si h23 Prelude model. So, what does closed deck mean? Also time and work are not a problem. I'll have plenty of this when school is out. This is my project car. I will only have money problems. I want to resleeve, because the walls are already scratched. Do I need a new block or something?

Thanks,
Elo'rin

on the H motors, there is an Solid deck and Open Deck design..

Here is what the Solid deck looks like.

h22sleeve2.jpg

I cant find open deck pics on my archives, but it looks like a B-series Open deck

exob16.jpg

when you use darton sleeves, to the best of my knowledge, it becomes a closed deck. i may be mistaken tho.

go with RS Machine, never heard of any problems with sinking sleeves from anyone who had their blocks sleeved by them.

So than I can Turbo or Twin Turbo?

You can twin turbo your H23 but I don't see why you would when you would save time and money doing a very nice single turbo setup. Your time/money/choice though.

theres no real point for a twin turbo Honda setup. you can get a good streetable, responsive and also good for the track single turbo setup.
honestly it will just complicate things more.

Originally posted by Elo'rin+May 3 2004, 10:51 PM-->
@May 3 2004, 10:24 PM

I have the 92' Si h23 Prelude model. So, what does closed deck mean? Also time and work are not a problem. I'll have plenty of this when school is out. This is my project car. I will only have money problems. I want to resleeve, because the walls are already scratched. Do I need a new block or something?

Thanks,
Elo'rin

Here's one question that hasn't been answered here... how much power do you really want? You can pull 300whp easy on an H23 with all stock internals.

Back