1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High flow cat or test pipe?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by swapdohc, Jan 2, 2004.

1. swapdohc

swapdohc Member

I live in Florida and have a 94 Si w/ a 2000 JDM ITR B18C swap. I have just ordered a RSR ex-mag exhaust (The quite one) and intend on a new cat/test pipe. I am running all motor, is a tester pipe really effective vs a nice high flow cat? I know I can get away with anything but, being an environmently concious person I would like to keep a cat (Just not at the expense of HP and TQ). Also, what cat fits this swap? I have a cat from a cavilier with a clamped on extension to make it fit, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Thanks.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I ran all three- stock cat, high flow and a test pipe on my semi built B20/VTEC.... there was almost no difference in power. Unless you're really trying to squeeze every last drop of power out of your engine, stick with the high flow cat. You'll be doing the world a favor, and you won't be in danger of having too raspy of a sound like you would with the straight pipe.

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I live in florida also, like it from the emissions standpoint.

well like calesta said, probably no big noticealbe gain so I would go with the cheapest of the two. Test pipe

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted