High flow cat or test pipe?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swapdohc

I live in Florida and have a 94 Si w/ a 2000 JDM ITR B18C swap. I have just ordered a RSR ex-mag exhaust (The quite one) and intend on a new cat/test pipe. I am running all motor, is a tester pipe really effective vs a nice high flow cat? I know I can get away with anything but, being an environmently concious person I would like to keep a cat (Just not at the expense of HP and TQ). Also, what cat fits this swap? I have a cat from a cavilier with a clamped on extension to make it fit, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Thanks.

I ran all three- stock cat, high flow and a test pipe on my semi built B20/VTEC.... there was almost no difference in power. Unless you're really trying to squeeze every last drop of power out of your engine, stick with the high flow cat. You'll be doing the world a favor, and you won't be in danger of having too raspy of a sound like you would with the straight pipe.

I live in florida also, like it from the emissions standpoint.

well like calesta said, probably no big noticealbe gain so I would go with the cheapest of the two. Test pipe

Back