1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High flow catalytic converter

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by jboy20653, Dec 16, 2004.

1. jboy20653

jboy20653 Junior Member

I had a h22 installed in my 1992 Accord. Along with a chipped P30 ecu, aem fuel rail,and pressure regulator. In the pass 2 months i have burned out 2 high flow catalytic converters do anyone know what maybe would burn a cat out like that?

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

define "burn out"

3. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

Running very rich and very hot exhaust gases will cause a catalytic converter to fail prematurely

4. jboy20653

jboy20653 Junior Member

The inside come a part

5. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

cheap cat or you wouldn't happen to be bottoming it out would you?

6. b204dr

b204dr Senior Member

the inside should not be comming out under normal circumstances- cheap cat shouldnt matter- unless its some thing home made- i ran an aftermarket no name that we welded flanges onto it its holding up just fine- as long as like said above running to hot or to rich-such as in turbo applications but being stock motored - and what not i could not see this in your case- im thinking you have some other issues with ur piping - have ur shit checked out maybe its clogged in the rear from blowing chunks prior causing heat build up - have it looked at or diy- thats my theory

7. jboy20653

jboy20653 Junior Member

No not cheap at all the first was a magna high flow cat the second was one of midas high flow that he had to order

8. jboy20653

jboy20653 Junior Member

I did all that i am starting to think it is the chipped ecu i have is just to rich the ecu i have now is a P30 i talked to a shop owner and he said that i may need a vafc cause the ecu my still be dumpin fuel in even when i am no running it hard think i will get a jdm p13

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted