High flow catalytic converter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jboy20653

I had a h22 installed in my 1992 Accord. Along with a chipped P30 ecu, aem fuel rail,and pressure regulator. In the pass 2 months i have burned out 2 high flow catalytic converters do anyone know what maybe would burn a cat out like that?

Running very rich and very hot exhaust gases will cause a catalytic converter to fail prematurely

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 16 2004, 09:40 AM
define "burn out"
[post=433067]Quoted post[/post]​

The inside come a part

the inside should not be comming out under normal circumstances- cheap cat shouldnt matter- unless its some thing home made- i ran an aftermarket no name that we welded flanges onto it its holding up just fine- as long as like said above running to hot or to rich-such as in turbo applications but being stock motored - and what not i could not see this in your case- im thinking you have some other issues with ur piping - have ur shit checked out maybe its clogged in the rear from blowing chunks prior causing heat build up - have it looked at or diy- thats my theory

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Dec 17 2004, 12:32 PM
cheap cat or you wouldn't happen to be bottoming it out would you?
[post=433693]Quoted post[/post]​

No not cheap at all the first was a magna high flow cat the second was one of midas high flow that he had to order

Originally posted by b204dr@Dec 17 2004, 12:38 PM
the inside should not be comming out under normal circumstances- cheap cat shouldnt matter- unless its some thing home made- i ran an aftermarket no name that we welded flanges onto it its holding up just fine- as long as like said above running to hot or to rich-such as in turbo applications but being stock motored - and what not i could not see this in your case- im thinking you have some other issues with ur piping - have ur shit checked out maybe its clogged in the rear from blowing chunks prior causing heat build up - have it looked at or diy- thats my theory
[post=433697]Quoted post[/post]​

I did all that i am starting to think it is the chipped ecu i have is just to rich the ecu i have now is a P30 i talked to a shop owner and he said that i may need a vafc cause the ecu my still be dumpin fuel in even when i am no running it hard think i will get a jdm p13

Back