High Heat Paint

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JrSiRb16A

sup..i painted my valve cover yesterday..(Sat) with some 1500 degree paint..i left it overnight to dry..but when i drove it for about 15 miles today..i noticed the paint was still tacky..do you think this is because the paint is strong enough to withstand the heat..(keep in mind its fuckin 100 degrees in FL now)..or it prob just wasnt dry enough..if isnt good enough for the heat..then ill prob jus buy a new cover painted already..but im tryin to save myself 150..let me know..any help would be appreciated..

what kind of paint is it? I know dupli-color makes some super high heat paint it comes in an orange can. What i learned about high heat paint from painting my intake, is that it need to be set, and the setting process involves heating it up and cooling it down. to make this paint job really work well and look nice, you may have to drive your car for a little bit and the shut it off, and pop the hood and let it sit. It will eventually harden it just takes some time. with my intake i set the oven for 350, and put the intake piping in for 20 mins let it cool for 30 and then repeated for a few hours. Then the last time i heated it i put it in the oven at 400 for 45 mins. Just watch out when you do this leave your windows in your house open as i did this at my parents house and I only cracked one window and the house smelled like paint (my mom was not too thrilled about it).

I used that 1500 paint from discount auto back in the day, I ran into the same thing as you. I let it dry for one day and it was still a little sticky. I put it back on cause I had to be at work and then after a day or so it was fine, it dried good.

Milan

u put it in your oven at home? u r crazy! well I guess what ever works I actually painted my valve cover with spies hecker auto paint and baked on the clear coat and it has held up for a year. If you have to paint in fl where I'm guessing it is hot and extreamly humid most paint companies make a hardener especially for that weather most of them call it "tropical hardner" but sounds like u guys got it handeled but keep that in mind for future paint jobs. :D

Back