High Idle after DSM Injector Re-Install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo99

After I install my 450cc DSM injectors back in my car, I'm able to start the car, but the idle just climbs higher to like 6,000 RPM. I turn the car off before it happens. What the heck? I'm pretty sure I installed it right. On the resistor box, the red wire attaches to all four yellow/black wires coming from the ecu. The 4 black wires on the resistor box hooks up to the yellow/black wires going to the injectors. What the heck could be causing the high idle surge at startup? Does it have to be in a certain order? Did I wire it wrong? Do I need to replace the injector seals? I would appreciate your help. By the way, I'm going to extend the wires because they're pretty short and would like to mount the resistor box on the firewall or the side of the chassis.

Do you think my ECU got fried? it does start, but it idles and climbs higher, ridiculously. I didn't solder the connections, just used electrical tape. Anybody have any ideas because I'm running out of them? :confused:

make sure you triple check all of the injector seals, if there is a leak drawing in air from the engine bay you will get this surge (happened to me when I changed injectors, the seal didn't sit right)

Quoted post[/post]]
make sure you triple check all of the injector seals, if there is a leak drawing in air from the engine bay you will get this surge (happened to me when I changed injectors, the seal didn't sit right)

I have a feeling that you're right. There are 4 black sealant rings at the bottom of the injector. Should I put that on the engine first and then the injector or put the black seal ring on the injector first? Then, there is the o ring that goes on top of the injector which connects to the fuel rail. I need to buy new o rings. After I installed everything, it kept leaking fuel from the top so I thought I fixed that. I'll try double checking the bottom rings as well.

yah make sure the o rings arent ripped anywhere. I'm pretty sure you'll want to put the flat seals in the manifold first then slip the injectors into them (after putting them in the fuel rail?) but I don't think it matters to much as long as everything sits right & snug, also pretty sure you can use a bit of engine oil to lube the seals, good luck!

Back