high idle problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blakwolf9666

ive got a 90 accord lx with the basic f22a1 for now and ive been havin some trouble with my idle being way to high, around 2000. i know its supoosed to be around 700 and i know it needs to warm up but before it was at least down to 1000 when first turned on ive already tried adjusting the idle speed and that didnt really work until the engine was warmed up.

any one know what could be wrong???

vacuum line leaks listen for air under your hood if any small vacuum lines are unhooked it can make the car idle high i had the same problem from a line getting ripped

all the lines are good the only line thats unhooked is coming off of the valve on th right of the intake manifold, buts its been disconnected from whatever it was connected to for quite awhile now. i think it went to the old intake, not sure but i switched it to a short ram and it was still good, and that was about 6 or 7months ago then about last month bam turn the car on and the idles at about 2000

all the lines are good the only line thats unhooked is coming off of the valve on th right of the intake manifold, buts its been disconnected from whatever it was connected to for quite awhile now. i think it went to the old intake, not sure but i switched it to a short ram and it was still good, and that was about 6 or 7months ago then about last month bam turn the car on and the idles at about 2000

that would be a vaccum leak

Back