high idle!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91HFpower

allright i have a 91 crx hf and i recently swapped the blown stock motor out with a d15b2 with a si intake mani, dizzy, harness, and ecu. i used obd0 ls injectors and eacv. and the stock hf tranny. Just stuff i mainly had around.
i have it runnin now but for some reasone i have a high idle around 1400rpms after warm up and it bogs down when i go to take off until it gets up to like 1500-2000 rpms then it starts to drive fine. ive done everything i could posibble think of, ive replaced plugs and wires, fuel filter, clutch, IM and throttle body gasket. ive cleand the eacv and the fitv. bled coolant system. ive checked the timing like 3 time but cant get it to idle down for a timing light, but im pretty sure that aint it. im really just at a lost of what it could be.

so if anybody has any suggestions please let me know, im open to just about anything at this point!

Last edited:
Throttle cable isnt to tight or stuck causing the tb to stay open? Idle screw on the intake mani at the right spot? vaccum lines all correct?

-Carl-

ya i checked the cable and its fine, the adj. srcew is at the factory spot, and im pretty sure the vacuums r right.

check the timing by removing the valve cover, turning the crank with a wrench so that the crank points to top dead center, and check that both notches on the cam gears point toward each other.

YouTube - Evans Tuning Cam Swap Tech Article - Part 1: Disassembly

**edit, idk about single cams haha. sry, but ya that's the jist of it. you dont need the timing light.

Last edited:
try the iacv or eacv whichever you call it...those are a monster

its been so long since ive had my honda i cant remember if it had a tps (throttle position sensor). if it does have one, replace it. theyre $20
i cant remember if that motor was before tps so dont hate if i sound stupid

Back