High-lag turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go with the T25. Will still come on plenty low for highway MPG's and shouldnt choke out on the 1.4l. Just my.02

Too bad you don't live in the states. I have a MINT and freshly rebuilt t25 sitting in my garage that I want to get rid of.

Poo. Well good luck with your car, sounds like you're on the right path. :D

Too bad you don't live in the states. I have a MINT and freshly rebuilt t25 sitting in my garage that I want to get rid of.

Poo. Well good luck with your car, sounds like you're on the right path. :D

I can get stuff from the states. I'm over here with the military, and I have a US address.

Let's take this -> to PM.

Yep, I got 'em.

Looks like I'll be getting a t25 after all. Screw the junkyard Garrett SAAB one that has unknown milage and unknown condition.

So I guess this isn't a high-lag turbo project, now just a low boost project.

Ok, the next question is:

How small of a turbo? I'm looking at a t25 or t20.

t20 will take less time to spool than the t25, but will it surge out? I'm cross-referencing the graphs, and it looks like everything would work fine with a t20. A lot of suzuki swift people use these size turbos, and they have worked pretty well for them. My engine is a lot like a swift as far as size goes, so I'm thinking it'll work pretty well.

So, back to the big question, t25, right? I'd like that watercooled, but there isn't a watercooled t20, so that takes me up a step to the t25.

My logic flawed?

Nah, a T25 will be fine, depending on housing sizes. Do NOT get a turbo that will surge out.

So I guess this isn't a high-lag turbo project, now just a low boost project.

:thumbsup:

Shipped it out today, enjoy man!

Let me know if you need anything else for that project. I've got a few turbo pieces lying around :D

My buddy just ordered a victor x for his D. I'll also look and see if he wants to rid himself of his old intake. PS, it's a D16Y8 mani :)

What kind of manifold are you looking for? A buddy of mine has a cast and an ebay tubular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back