High Octane Gas Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraslut78

Stylus DJ Extraordinaire
Ok hope I am putting this in the right section. Here we go so my friend bought me a barrell of VP Racing Streetblaze 101 Fuel, and I have it in my grarage I was going to use it for my jet ski but was told the ski will run too hot with that high of octane. So here is my question now with my weak setup its not going to reall help me in any way (STOCK LS/VTEC) but will it hurt it in any way???? There is an event coming up at Buttonwillow the first weekend of February and I was thinking of just using it to get it out of my garage. Now will it hurt my motor???? Remember STOCK LS/VTEC ...
Should I mix some 91 with it to take it down a bit????? Please help.... B, Calesta, Ian (gsrcrxsi), Mike Bergy, Clayton and anyone else that could be of help..... Like I said I am definitely not going to gain but will it hurt at all???? Thanks guys and gals in advance.

Are you serious come on now someone has to kow the answer to this.... Blanco.... Brian11to1........ Mike Bergy...... someone.... PLEASE

I'd like to know the answer also, I've never heard of high octane hurting an engine just people's pockets if it;s not required but as for race fuel I can't say for sure

i think the streetblaze is unleaded? if it is then it shouldnt hurt anything. leaded race fuel will burn out o2 sensors and ive heard that its hard on valve seats. race fuel also makes a stock engine harder to start when its cold.

So should I mix it with some Chevron 91 octane to lower the octane a bit?????
Or should I just try to sell this damn barrell???? I just want it out of my garage.

ok i just got off there web site and street blaze is a unleaded high performance street fuel that wont harm cats and and o2. so it wont harm your car in anyway. you can also 50/50 it if you want your drum to last longer.

Last edited:
Back