1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

high output coil

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 4DRonDUBS, Jun 21, 2005.

1. 4DRonDUBS

4DRonDUBS Senior Member

Today at Autozone I saw a high output coil for a 92 civic ex dizzy for 60 bucks.And goes in the same spot as the stock one in the dizzy. suposedly Its like 15% stronger that stock. What the hell does that mean? better spark, more voltage ? i havent ever messed with my ignition. some kid who worked their was trying to pawn the thing off on me. :lol: And is that piece of crap worth 60$ never used.. I have an msd cap for my car i havent put it on because one of the bolt holes on the cap don't line up on the dis but the Msd box says d16z6 on it. Its for a coil outside of the distributior? I was wondering how you hook somthing up like that, can you just run the wires out of your cap to a stock coil outside of the distrubotor mounted to the strut or somthing.

Thanks In Advance

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Personally, I wouldn't trust anything from AutoZone that actually functions electronically. I mean, axles, belts, hoses, etc. are fine, but an Auto Zone 'high output coil'? I'm thinking 'No'.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

external blaster coil craps...

worthless IMO. all they do is fry ignitors.

unless your build a serious high rpm race car, i don't see the need for an aftermarket ignition

4. 4DRonDUBS

4DRonDUBS Senior Member

Thanks ,I think i will sell that dizzy cap and plan on a difif mod.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted