High School Nationals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Tommrow i am going to Milan dragway http://www.milandragway.com They are doing a bracket style racing. What should I set my Dail in times at. Tommrow, I will be running 18psi on my s03 with just bolt ons (exhaust and short ram air intake) and I will probally take out the passenger seat.

Also, What settings should I have my Tein's on. Medium front and stiff back?

Wish me luck Hopefully I can get it into the LOOOOOOOw 16's to high 15's but I doubt that the 15's will be possible. However, tommrow the high is going to be only 61.

well what should I run at? The only time I have really launch on them so far (only had them for a month) was at an autoX so I was a 42PSI with stock suspension so I had an ungodly amound of wheel hop. Now with the teins and low pressure, I think I might be able to have better launches. Should I run them at like 22 psi?

Nitto has some guidelines for tire pressure on their drag radials... I would just assume that running a normal radial even lower wouldn't necessarily give you more traction, since the carcass of the tire is structured differently. It's not made to be run that low. Go read up on Nitto's site, and check around the net too... I'm no kind of authority on it. That pressure just sounds too low to me. Of course, track conditions and suspension setup will also tend to dictate what pressure you should run at too. Start at like 20psi, then "tune" your pressure from there. That's what I would recommend.

street tires are meant to ride and grip with normal pressure. they wont grab the ashphalt well if you put them to a low low psi.
when dragsters drag their wheels become triangular and give an extremely large contact patch. your not making the power to get the triangle effect.
run a slightly lower psi but more then halfing what you ran on AutoX is a lil extreme.

Back