HILARIOUS! Washing out my engine bay FIXED

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

Yeah, so I've been throwing a VSS CEL code for the past 2 months since I did my swap, and I had no speedometer reading at all. Today, I went to the car wash and finally cleaned the FILTHY fenderwells and firewall, and inadvertently the engine and trans as well, neither of which seemed all that dirty, but hey who :laugh: cares right?

Well, as soon as I pull out of the car wash, THE SPEEDOMETER MAGICALLY STARTS WORKING! I have no idea how this happened, but it must have had something to do with the filthyness of the underhood compartment interfering with the reading somehow, I myself don't understand it. But this is so funny to me that cleaning the engine fixed the VSS. So weird.

The hilarity continues! So now that the speedometer VSS was no longer throwing a CEL code. BUT, I was still throwing the VTEC Oil Pressure Sensor code. I still had believed that it was a bad sensor, or that because the cam plug was leaking, the sensor was gettting a lower than normal pressure reading and tripping the CEL code. I was wrong.

While I was poking around under the hood with my friend, I decided that I didn't like the way the wires from the Hasport wiring sub-harness for the VTEC Oil Pressure Sensor, Knock Sensor, etc, were resting on the hot radiator hose. So I decided to use some zip ties and strap them to the air intake tube. While doing this, I noticed that the Blue/Black wire for the VTEC Oil Pressure Sensor was kinda sticking out of the wire harness plug by the strut tower. I was like Oh shit!. So, not being able to get it back into the pin connector properly, I made a direct connection splice with some quality tab type wire splicers, and taped it all up neatly.

I started the car and miracle of all miracles, NO CEL CODE anymore. Beautiful. So all that time it was just a loose wire that was tripping the sensor code. So now I currently have no CEL codes for the first time since I did the swap, and saved myself about $300 in new sensor cost. Unbelievable.

Back