Hillary, what are you doing?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There's more going on here than a couple of video games warping the kids' minds. It's bad parenting, bad schooling, and sorry to say it... access to the holiest thing in this country... guns.

If we're gonna turn this thing into a red vs blue debate... it wasn't our idea to let the assault rifle ban lapse. "From our cold, dead fingers" is quickly becoming the truth. Some guns are fine, but do we really need pocket howitzers on the streets?

If you're gonna own guns and have children, put one or the other in a safe.

THE FUCKING ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN HAD NOTHING WHAT SO FUCKING EVER TO DO WITH KEEPING GUNS OUT OF KIDS HANDS!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus fucking christ, you need to read it and figure out what it really was before you tout it.

It did not limit caliber, it didn't not regulate class III weapons, it did not affect crime in any way shape or form.

A kid can not go buy a gun in a store. If a kid can get a gun, it is because of an irresponsible adult. Not because of congress, not because of Bush, not be cause of anything republican, or right wing.

And an 18 year old can go into a store and still during the ban, buy an AR15, although no, he couldn't have a collapsible stock, AND a bayonet lug or a flash supressor. darn.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 30 2005, 05:54 PM
THE FUCKING ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN HAD NOTHING WHAT SO FUCKING EVER TO DO WITH KEEPING GUNS OUT OF KIDS HANDS!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus fucking christ, you need to read it and figure out what it really was before you tout it.

It did not limit caliber, it didn't not regulate class III weapons, it did not affect crime in any way shape or form.
[post=480825]Quoted post[/post]​

Do you REALLY need those type of weapons outside of military use?

No, you don't need them, no one would need a gun of any kind if society was a perfect place, but it isn't.

I see no difference whatsoever between a AR15 and a Browning MKII, which is a hunting rifle. They are the same action, exactly, but one is for hunting, and looks like it, yet the other looks like a military weapon.

If you're goiong to let someone have a hunting rifle that fires .223 in gas operated carbine form, who cares if they have one that looks like an M16?

It was just a ploy to make the public think they were doing something, when they weren't. It's an image problem, not a gun problem.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 30 2005, 06:52 PM
No, you don't need them, no one would need a gun of any kind if society was a perfect place, but it isn't.

I see no difference whatsoever between a AR15 and a Browning MKII, which is a hunting rifle. They are the same action, exactly, but one is for hunting, and looks like it, yet the other looks like a military weapon.

If you're goiong to let someone have a hunting rifle that fires .223 in gas operated carbine form, who cares if they have one that looks like an M16?

It was just a ploy to make the public think they were doing something, when they weren't. It's an image problem, not a gun problem.
[post=480847]Quoted post[/post]​

Then why not own the hunting rifle? If they're just the same, and we have an image problem, why do you need that AR15?

I see no problem with people owning guns. Hell, my left wing liberal ass owns a gun. However, there are some guns that the public doesn't need. Granted that guns aren't THE cause of this problem, it would help to limit the types of weapons available to Joe Sixpack.

And if you MUST own a weapon of that nature, lock it up. Put it in a safe or have a trigger lock on it.

The rest of the issue IS an image problem. Not so much in what a gun looks like, but take a look at the news. WAR! Kids are flooded with images of shootings, explosions, death, and it's relayed to them as a GOOD thing.

Even the commercials. Guys running across a battlefield with weapons in hand, rockin music in background, and somewhere... some poor sod is buying a minivan. Do you wanna be that poor sod? Hell no! You wanna be the cool guy with the guns!

Rappers... guns.

Women wearing bikinis... guns.

We have to look at what we are feeding our kids. it's the same reason everything else becomes cool. Guns, bigass rims, fast cars, expensive clothes.

Making guns uncool... answer that and you've got this problem solved.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Mar 31 2005, 01:17 AM
Then why not own the hunting rifle? If they're just the same, and we have an image problem, why do you need that AR15?

Because I like the AR15, even though when I buy a rifle it will be a 30-06 Remington 700, or an M1A

I see no problem with people owning guns. Hell, my left wing liberal ass owns a gun. However, there are some guns that the public doesn't need. Granted that guns aren't THE cause of this problem, it would help to limit the types of weapons available to Joe Sixpack.

Like I said, it doesn't matter what it looks like, it functions the same. Joe Sixpack is a schmuck and is going to use his gun anyway.

And if you MUST own a weapon of that nature, lock it up. Put it in a safe or have a trigger lock on it.

Werd

The rest of the issue IS an image problem. Not so much in what a gun looks like, but take a look at the news. WAR! Kids are flooded with images of shootings, explosions, death, and it's relayed to them as a GOOD thing.

Even the commercials. Guys running across a battlefield with weapons in hand, rockin music in background, and somewhere... some poor sod is buying a minivan. Do you wanna be that poor sod? Hell no! You wanna be the cool guy with the guns!

Rappers... guns.

Women wearing bikinis... guns.

We have to look at what we are feeding our kids. it's the same reason everything else becomes cool. Guns, bigass rims, fast cars, expensive clothes.

Making guns uncool... answer that and you've got this problem solved.

Lobby MTV
[post=480870]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm with Blanco on this but a little further.

I work at Hollywood Video, and honestly there needs to be a law, seriously a law that 16 and under kids cannot rent these games. These kids scare myself beacuse the kids renting them don't have the capacity for anything, and this doesn't help. The parent's are at fault, but the government can't parent every kid, so preventing it is all that can happen IMO.

I also am for gun control, not that you can't have a gun, but it needs to be mandatory for it to be locked up with a trigger lock and in a gun cabinet, etc, and even then anyone can get it, if they know a thing or two. Also, the accessories are just stupid, why does someone need a 30 round banana clip? I don't know, but its legal to buy one.

Sad world it has come to.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Mar 30 2005, 09:19 PM
I work at Hollywood Video, and honestly there needs to be a law, seriously a law that 16 and under kids cannot rent these games. These kids scare myself beacuse the kids renting them don't have the capacity for anything, and this doesn't help. The parent's are at fault, but the government can't parent every kid, so preventing it is all that can happen IMO.

isnt that what YOU are supposed to be there for, to keep under age people from renting any of these games / videos
i mean no offence by this, but seriously, if it wasnt for the age verification thing a vending machine could do that job (actually it wouldnt even be that hard to get the vending machine to do age verification)

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Mar 31 2005, 03:19 AM

I also am for gun control, not that you can't have a gun, but it needs to be mandatory for it to be locked up with a trigger lock and in a gun cabinet, etc, and even then anyone can get it, if they know a thing or two. Also, the accessories are just stupid, why does someone need a 30 round banana clip? I don't know, but its legal to buy one.

Sad world it has come to.
[post=480951]Quoted post[/post]​

Like Eric said, that's your job. I am looking at the cover for Halflife 2, it is rated 17+, so wouldn't it be neglegent on your part to rent it to a kid? Or to rent them movies that are rated R, or NC17?

And who needs a Honda with a DOHC vtec motor in it, no one. Different strokes for different follks.

Back