HIN Chicago: March 25, 2006

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

I went to Hot Import Nights in Chicago last night. I was in and out in about an hour and a half. Dozens of awesome cars, including a Twin Engine EF Civic Hatch. It had dual SOHC motors front and back.

It was way different this year than last year though, and not for the better. It was waaaay to dark in there, the lighting was HORRIBLE. I shot a few minutes of video of some cars, and the quality was not too good. I would have had to turn on the nightshot to get any kind of decent quality, and then what would have been the point of show cars in shades of green. Other people at the show were complaining about it too.

Also, there were not anywhere near as many models and carsluts there. Kinda boring without all the extra eye candy.

The one really cool thing that happened at the show was when I was asking this dude named Levi from a local chapter of Another Level car club who had fiberglassed out his EK hatch. His entire dash, side panels, and rear deck was completely covered in glossy fiberglass. He did an incredible job on it. I asked him how to do something like that, and he spent about 20 minutes giving me a thorough tutorial on how to lay fiberglass over the dash, how to properly fill in holes, and how to make curvaceous subwoofer boxes.

HIN is overrated these days. it use to be the best thing going, except for sema. now it's basically a chance for advertisers to market. it isn't about the show anymore, it's about marketing. the girls aren't even that great anymore. i go for the gathering and interaction with other car people. forget the car show part of it, it's a social event for me.

They need to turn the lights up, and turn the fucking bass down.

fuck HIN thats all i gotta say...

Another Level car club has some badass rides. ive seen em at Indy Truck Bash down in Indianapolis last year.

Back