Hissing Noise at low RPM's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

B16A..... on low RPM's, when my foot is slightly on the gas, my engine makes a hissing/squeeling noise. If I take my foot off the gas, it stops. It only happens on very low RPM's, and only when the car is in gear and moving. It is appearent in every gear except reverse.

Diagnosis?? any ideas? :blink:

check your vacuum lines...

and you may only hear it at low rpm's cause the sound of the motor covers it up at higher rpm's?

Vacum lines.....good call. The sound starts and stops pretty abrubptly, and is pretty loud when it's occuring. RPM range (considering I dont have a Tach) is probably around 2000-3750 rpm's. Once again, only when my foot is lightly on the gas. If I go from a complete stop as to do a quarter mile run or something, and I drive the car balls-out, then I dont hear it. It only happens when I'm driving it normally around town.

did you ever consider that perhaps its your intake sucking air?

Originally posted by reckedracing@May 11 2004, 11:04 AM
did you ever consider that perhaps its your intake sucking air?

shit...is that what those things do???? :blink:

jokes. :p

No, you were probably right with a vacum line. Or mabey my throttle cable is a tad too tight.....I dunno. Thanks for the heads up on the vacum lines though.

Peace.

Back