History Repeating itself

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Actually, according to the dictionary I have on hand, Jewish mean of Jews or Judaism, and Jew refers to Israelite (as in of the tribe of Israel) or on who practices Judaism.

As for the immigration policies, all of the documents I have found up to now (subject to further search of course) point to a policy of allowing only those of the Jewish ethnicity into Israel as full citizens. There was even talk to revoking citizenship of children of Israeli parents that were born outside of Israel...

Look up the Israeli "Law of Return"

Acquisition of Nationality by Naturalization
Adults may acquire Israeli citizenship by naturalization at the discretion of the Minister of the Interior and subject to a number of requirements, such as:
they must have resided in Israel for three years out of five years preceding the day of submission of the application;
they are entitled to reside in Israel permanently and have settled or intended to settle in Israel;
they have renounced their prior nationality, or have proved that they will cease to be foreign nationals upon becoming Israeli citizens.
The Minister of the Interior may exempt an applicant from some of these requirements.

entitled or entitlement is the key word there
as seen in this example

He said the Special Committee had been informed that the Palestinian people were greatly disadvantaged in the use of water -- settlements and settlers were considered, with respect to water, to be in a very privileged position. Also cited were restrictions on constructions of Palestinian housing; demolition of houses constructed or expanded without the required authorization; the terminations on entitlement to reside in East Jerusalem; restrictions on movements into and within East Jerusalem; the system and conditions of arbitrary as well as the arbitrary extension of detention periods; the disruption in employment, trade, education and health care.

very similar to how any person in the US who has the marijuana tax stamp is entitled to keep marijuana... but no one gets the stamp...

Last edited:
it's in the link I posted, thanks for reading it before you made an ass out of yourself again! [/sarcasm]

"Law of return" is one of 4 ways to become a citizen

and for the record, a dictionary is not a very good geopolitical or ethnic barometer

I'm trying really hard not to attack you personally, really hard. you're continually posting things that appear to be run off from the top of your head, my advice, get your gutters cleaned

As a Jewish state the government does aim to keep the MAJORITY of it's population Jewish by race or religion. But there are still a variety of non Jewish citizens, they are however a minority

here is one example

Arab citizens of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
"They don't realise how much they get owned." - Celerity, the wielder of the Sword of 1000 weblinks

I concede that legally that is the way it is supposed to work, I see that because you have never been to Israel you would not have a reason to know that under that language there is a enforced standard that keeps all gentiles as a sub class.

If not a dictionary then how? It also does not answer my question of how to distinguish an ethnic Jew from a religious Jew.

I also notice that this link you speak of was part of an addition made while I was posting... nicely done.

Israel aside, there are no "untruths" posted when referring to Islam, Arabs, or Persians (Iranians). And these are the subject about which I am most concerned, because they are the ones most often abused by our right-wing population here on HS.

"...Life isn't like a box of chocolates.. .. it's more like a jar of
jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow."

Okay, so some suspect that there have been staged media events that are supposed to look like real events. This is lacking any support from any (including Israeli) media outlet. All I see are a raft of bloggers picking up the same story and a bunch of YouTube links. Wikipedia is far from trust worthy on social/political issues. After removing bloggers and Wikipedia, you are left with one site that is "dedicated to removing the liberal bias in the media".

Back